Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen at the Miami Beach Concourse today.
Beautiful,
But not one Alfa.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pictures

Notice the Bluebird in the background.
Is this from a bb member? IMO the best of show.

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, and thank you for the historical reference.
I am so glad that I was able to take pictures of its interior.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm uncertain whether this is the same car, as the one sold by Gooding had some Zagato-style lightweight seats that the owner had built from scratch during the restoration. He also had an extra triple-carb setup for the car, so maybe the more conventional seats are included as well.

The steering wheel that you admire was also used on Touring-bodied Flaminias, and before that on Aurelia spiders.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Ex-Bruce Milner car. It is spectacular. Paint is strange but claimed to be found when restored a few years back, finished literally a few days before it's debut at Pebble. Then sold at auction. Still a very stunning car.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Ex-Bruce Milner car. It is spectacular. Paint is strange but claimed to be found when restored a few years back, finished literally a few days before it's debut at Pebble. Then sold at auction. Still a very stunning car.
Indeed, and on your suggestion, Mike, I tried to buy it from him. He was a bit dismayed by the PB judges. One hurdle to the deal was how much he had in the restoration, nearly double what I later put into my Touring convertible. To say that Zagatos have durability issues is understatement.

Oddly enough the restoration was done by a hot rod shop in Waukesha WI: Streetworks Hotrods - Photo Gallery.

The color choices are incomparable, in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Just noticed the seat change from Zagato to Lancia seats. That's odd. Maybe the more traditional ones are more comfortable?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts