Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today was a sight that I personally have never seen and finally was able to compare lines, glass, doors, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Separated at birth.

(And the paint on the Flavia was closer to the original color and metalflake...)
THE OLD TEXTURE OF 60'S SILVER IS HARD TO DO THIS DAYS THAT'S WHY WILLY DID 7 TEST PANEL. IS VERY EASY TO PAINT ANY SILVER. BUT TO DO THE CORRECT SILVER IS HARD. THANKS FOR THE PICTURES. ED

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
... and the first picture is Adan worshipping Pinin Farina's mastery? ...

I sometimes pray in that church, too ...

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll still take the Ferrari 250GTE :p
I would take the two also, we know a ferrari is by far a better car for History value, when you look at bouth cars are built with the same quality in the body fenders, door, trunk, bumpers grilles, not leather desing but sure it holds it own, in fac Jay Leno pay me a visit. this pictures were taken by a friend with cell phone. I must said bouth are very interesting cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
You can have the Ferrari!! With all of it's high $$ bills also.

I love Adan Lancia and it would ba another keeper. Wow another 250GTE-how boring!! Mr. Leno must have barely looked at the 250. You can have more than 3 vintage Lancia for the cost of that Ferrari. I bet Adan Lancia gets more looks and ahhs. I know, I was lucky enough to be in that car with him. Lot of AHHHHHs! FAST sucker also!!

Looks great Adan! The Leno shots are a framed keeper also. Next time I come, it's off to Leno's garage!

Best from NYC!!

-

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
...Mr. Leno must have barely looked at the 250. You can have more than 3 vintage Lancia for the cost of that Ferrari. I bet Adan Lancia gets more looks and ahhs. I know, I was lucky enough to be in that car with him. Lot of AHHHHHs! FAST sucker also!!

Looks great Adan! The Leno shots are a framed keeper also. Next time I come, it's off to Leno's garage!-
Actually, Jay came over the see the Flavia--didn't look at the 250 at all. And he has an amazing garage, including a very nice Aurelia convertible, but a tour would be tough to arrange; it's not open to the public.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ed,

You know Bruce Meyer and I know his good friend, 'father figure' and Hot Rod-movie biz and Indy car guy Mr.and Mrs.Tom Sparks. Tom was the 'Jay Leno' of his time. Everyone from pre war racing to Steve McQueen and beyond has been to his place. If Tom stays healthy and feels good, I hope to arrange this by next year. Tom actually saw the GTE and really liked Adan car that day I was there.

-

Attachments

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
I've been to Tommy's place--probably every car guy in this town has been there at one time or another. It's an interesting study in contrast: Jay's 'garage' is a couple of warehouses; he's got state of the art tools like a 3D printer, a water jet cutting bed, and a full engine dyno room, as well as the usual stuff. It's a serious facility, as well as his collection. On the other hand, Tommy's garage is, as you well know, an actual garage with old-school garage tools--a wonderful step back in time that ought to be preserved forever. (And how could he not like a car as well engineered and well screwed together as the GTE?) In any case, we're all hoping that his health continues to hold up; it's been a bit shaky the past couple of years.

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
You can have the Ferrari!! With all of it's high $$ bills also.

I love Adan Lancia and it would be another keeper. Wow another 250GTE-how boring!! Mr. Leno must have barely looked at the 250. You can have more than 3 vintage Lancia for the cost of that Ferrari. I bet Adan Lancia gets more looks and ahhs. I know, I was lucky enough to be in that car with him. Lot of AHHHHHs! FAST sucker also!!

Looks great Adan! The Leno shots are a framed keeper also. Next time I come, it's off to Leno's garage!

Best from NYC!!

-

Sadly, there aren't many 250GTEs left. Many have been cut up (along with Ferrari 250 PF coupes) to make things like 250 GTO "replicars"

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sadly, there aren't many 250GTEs left. Many have been cut up (along with Ferrari 250 PF coupes) to make things like 250 GTO "replicars"
So how many 250GTE were produced? why would anyone destroy a beautifull car to make a replica, sad a replica is replica even if a ferrari body was used to make another ferrari.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Some say there's more engineering in a Lancia's hubcap than in a whole Ferrari.

Not my words, even if I agree to some extent after years of playing with Lancia's.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Far too many have been sacrificed for faux GTOs, but with over 950 built, there are still plenty of them around.
Not completely true. Down to around 100 ...

People who make replicas out of them should be executed as they have destroyed an irreplaceable historic Ferrari.

By the way, which car came first? Lancia looks considerably moderner.
Pete

1 - 20 of 30 Posts