Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ALFABB members,

I own this very interesting Lancia Dilambda Berline Landaulet . The car has been first registered in 1937 (yes, 2 years after the end of the production). The car is in fully original condition, never repainted. The issue is who made the body? A similar berline car is fitted with Boneschi bodywork.

Thank you for your comments.
LA028 LANCIA DILAMBDA.JPG

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hello Tipo160, I looked around on the web, but all I found was this earlier example, which the coachwork was by Viotti.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Lovely Dilambda berlina. Boneschi is a possibility, but I'd say that either Stabilmenti Farina or Pinin Farina are equally possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think Ed is right on. Tipo 160, Do you have any more pictures. If the forms are subtly a little more lean and tight I would go with Pinin Farina. Similar build techniques in the era for all three.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I have seen very few Dilambda cars. Each example has carried some surprises for me, mostly because of their novelty to me. Those that I've studied have numbers stamped at the right and left sides at the bottom of the firewall. One car I saw had a number that had been altered, perhaps by Lancia(?) in order to make it seem to be a later example … when it was finally completed and sold(?) or perhaps revised before it was sold? That car was subsequently modified quite a lot in any case. I've read that there should be a number somewhere at the front of the chassis, but I did not remove paint from the cars that I studied and I do not know precisely where at the front the numbering should be sought ... or I might have done so?

I would wish to learn the numbers present at the firewall base (each side), the engine, the transmission, the steering box, the rear end housing and numbers found on any body and/or trim parts.

Best of luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts