Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ALFABB members,

I own this very beautiful Lancia Appia GTE with only 20.000 original miles from new.

This car it the fifth one exported ne in the USA where it has been sold by Max Hoffman.

In March 1963 the car is purchased by Edsel PFABE with 8.100 miles on the odometer.

PFABE was an SCCA instructor and used this car for his job. He was also a car collector with circa 50 cars (information provided by his son).

He sold the car in the late 80's with 19.045 miles (in 1987).

I'm trying to get as much information as possible on this car, including pictures if possible.

Can someone remember who purchased the car new in 1959?

Regards.

Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
hello, Gratulation to this very nice Appia Zagato. I have restoration the same. Here the Pics.
Only without the Bumpers come the typical Zagato Line perfect

Attachments

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
That is a sweet GTE @tipo160 . Would love to learn more about it. Feel free to DM me or send me a note at [email protected]. I own a 20k mile-from-new Appia Vignale Convertibile. Have owned the oldest Lancia Appia in the US (and early 1953 series 1 car and done the CA Mille twice. Now in Japan) and have driven a few Zagatos and absolutely love them.

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
@tipo160, I have some knowledge of this car. I too have one of the "early" GTE's. I believe the first owner was a good friend of Edsel. He bought more than one at the time and brought them to Ohio for racing. This person values his privacy more than most, so you will have to contact me off forum and I will give you a contact. [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts