Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where else but in Redmond, WA are you going to find 2 Lamborghini 400 GT's side by side at Cars and Coffee. From what I read, they made 23 of them. I am posting this picture to show a specific design point. Look at the line where the base of the "greenhouse" meets up with the body. It is the most perfect design curve I have seen. What do you think?

I didn't get a picture of the front but one car had quad headlights and the other had single larger units on each side. I found the larger singles to be significantly more attractive. It should also be noted that these cars are very small in person and make a modern Lamborghini look like a ridiculous clown car.

Attachments

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Number built

Over 240 were built
I know next to nothing about these cars but these were definitely not the 2+2. I quoted the number from Wikipedia so I have no idea how correct that is:

"A total of 23 units of 400 GT Interim and 224 units of the 400 GT 2+2 were built from 1966 to 1968, when it was replaced with the Islero."

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
I didn't get a picture of the front but one car had quad headlights and the other had single larger units on each side.
The single headlight version was probably a 350 GT, which preceded the 400 GT. It must have been great to see such rare cars close up and next to each other.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Just what I think

There isn't existing any "400 interim"
This is a several years later coming about declaration to mark the difference between 23 made 350 GT with the engine of the following 400 GT ( 2+2). So far I know they where offered as 350 GT.
But there is no difference between the wheelbase of both types ( 2,55 m ), but the greenhouse ( trunk lid and pane in the back ) of the 400 GT ( 2+2) is modified to get a bit more head space ( 5 cm ) in the rear for the persons there. So it might be that the 350 and the 23 4 liter cars - so called "interims" - have a more elegant look than the 400 GT.

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
My father imported a 350 GT in the early 70's. The cars came with the large headlights one on each side. The 4 headlights system was to meet US DOT for importing.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts