Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is so cool!

What are the things you need to accomplish before the event?

Me:
Install my new Alfa 75 2.4 TD radiator
Install poly watts linkage bushings
Alignment
Mount race tires
Roll the front fender lip a little
Move out the front bumper a little
Install race seat
Oil change

Tech the car.

=:D

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Laguna Check List

I did what Chan should have done, just have no car at the moment. That can change in a week and it also may not. You all think having a dad with an Alfa shop is advantageous...only when the shop is not packed with race cars with paying customers that need to be taken care of first! :)

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you kidding Anthony?! Don't tell me you're not going to make it!

Zamani

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
I wish I were kidding. As of now it is a no. All depends on when I get my parts back and how things flow at the shop. If not, it's ok cuz I am also scheduled to race there the following weekend with VARA. It'd be nice to be able to run back to back weekends. I'll keep ya posted. Sux when one car is down for restoration and the back up car takes a dump.

I thought buying a "race ready" car would be cheaper than building my own...yeah right.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I wouldn't be complaining Anthony. My car is even farther from being done than yours and I'll be lucky if its done in time for the June Enduro at Buttonwillow.

·
Registered
241 Posts
No car? No prob!

Well, Anthony....since you are already entered.......and if you CANT get your car done......you can always do what I am doing! RENT a car! I know of a Caterham 7 that you could rent for less than the gas you will pour into your tow vehicle to get there!

Me? I plan to just arrive and drive! The car will be waiting for me at the track! 225 hp, 1200 lbs, and race legal for under $500 for the weekend - done deal! I don't even have to buy gas!

I plan to run the same car in the Enduro with John Morton and Terry Watson.

BG

·
Registered
164 Posts
Anthony,

Is it possible to share? I have my GTV6, which I did not get entered in time, and you have an entry and no car. I would be more than happy to let you use my car, If I can do a couple of sessions.

What do you think?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jeff,

I don't think this will be allowed. The reason is, from the list that AROSC sent out, Anthony is in race group A. To be in the race group you need a racing license and a rollbar. But you may want to ask AROSC's officials if you can go in place of Anthony.

Most likely, the first in the waiting list, who qualifies for the race group will get in. If not, the first in line for TT will get in.

I'm speculating, so your best bet is to ask Terry Watson.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Ok guys, you've got my interest now. What group are you all racing with? Where do I get info?

And what about licensing? I held an SCCA National license for 12 years, but have been away for about ten. What would I need to do?

Keeth Lawrence
84 Spyder restoration

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Laguna

Well, I got the parts today. This is my plan...finish building a 1750 for a customer tomorrow and install it and fire it up Sunday morning. Go do the mothers day thing with mom. Then, this week put in many long hours at the shop to finish the car. I can have it done by Wednesday night, install "Laguna Exhaust" Thursaday, load up Friday morning and hit the road.

JThraen, thanks for the offer. It means a lot when someone offers their car! Only set back is that I am entered in the race group and the car does not meet race group qualifications.

If the car does not come together it's ok cuz I might run the TZ-1 (i wish, time trial yes, but I will not take that thing wheel to wheel with anyone...too much $$ to fix if something were to happen) if Dirk let's me or if not, I'l be busy enough taking care of the cars we are bringing up.

So far, 5 of the 7 cars are done...RTBRacer and I have a long week ahead of ourselves with our cars.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Racing Group

Hey Lawrencedesign. What rock have you been under? You have been racing with SCCA, living in LA, and you don't know about AROSC? We have been time trialing and racing in So. Cal since the '70s. We typically have 6 race weekends a year, and two weekend-long driving schools. Our typical schedule includes Willow Springs, Buttonwillow, Laguna Seca (when we get lucky), Fontana, and this year, we are going back to Las Vegas. We of competition, from Inro Group, time trialling, and wheel to wheel racing. We even feature an all-Alfa race, which at Laguna Seca is completely full at 25 cars!

Look up the info at www.arosc.org.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Laguna Seca sound limits

Anthony,

Please consider that a good "Laguna Exhaust" should not be the only special modification; as it cannot compensate for loud induction noise.

If you are running big air horns on your carbs, the limit of 90 or so decibels can be a problem. Just air filters at times are not sufficient.

Have fun,

alfa-sport

·
Registered
913 Posts
Laguna Seca Sat Image

I thought you guys might like a copy of the attached image.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
In addition to the Magnaflow exhaust system, I have dynamat all throughout the hood and intake side of the engine bay. This helps trap the sound inside. it's what the sound system places install in car doors and pannels to help keep the sound inside the car. I also threw some filters over the velocity stacks. That should do the job.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I guess you are coming then. Cool.

BTW, has your dad done some work on Alfa Boxer engines? How about importing a smog exempt 1973 Alfasud Ti with and put in a 1.7 16V engine? That would be kind of cool. A stock 1.7 engine already puts out 135 bhp stock.

Check this out:

http://www.8ung.at/alfasud/asree9.html

BTW, I see that there will be a Alfa sports racer in one of the race groups. That's not your uncle's right?

Weather reports says sunny days ahead :cool:

But my car is still not finished :(

Work has been so hectic. I haven't had the chance to finish up work on my car :mad:

But if all goes well, my friend and I will show up there early Sat. A.M. with our 75 3.0 and Berlina 2.0 TS VVT , both running Autronic SMC sequential efi we installed and tuned ourselves.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Wax 'em, too!

Don't forget to wax 'em too. I understand we are going to try to take a group Alfa-photo under the Bridgestone Bridge. The photo is not limited to "entered" Alfas, either. With 60 + Alfas, including a TZ, it should be a good shot!

BG

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Anyone want AlfaBB.com decals delivered to Laguna this weekend? I am bringing the decals with me. If you do, come see me whereever we will be parked in the paddock and we can do some business.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Group photo

Laguna seca is allowing us to take the group photo on Saturday afternoon, right after the qualifying races. So, have your Alfa ready to roll out to the Bridgestone Bridge at 4:40.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts