Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,901 Posts
002013 early engine no oil jet valve so slotted oil pump driven gear you have is correct.

·
Registered
'91 164L 3.0 V6 12V 5-speed
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Yeah, those squirters were completely new to me. I thought they're the same a those in connecting rods. Interesting thing.

However, could I modify the oil feed by changing the gear set to a later type?

And, regarding to oil pressure relief valve of the spare pump I have, according to service manual the free length is 49,29mm but I'm getting over 51mm. Could it be that when it measures 49mm it's not entirely "free"?

·
Premium Member
26,901 Posts
No, it says free length. I suspect that is min free length so 51mm would be fine.

If you have head off engine you could change oil pump driven and driven gear set. I tried with head on but could not get enough room from top of head to bend looking tab so I could loosen nut so I could pull out aux shaft. Maybe with oil pump removed you could bend tab and remove nut from the top.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
yeah, and this small difference isn’t going to change much.

I think I have to open the engine to inspect oil pump plus there’s more to do with power steering and suspension. If the pump looks okay and is within limits, I might hide the problem behind faster oil pump gearing.

It looked like the aux shaft nut couldn’t be loosened with the head in situ, and the fact that I would drop the nut really made sure I wasn’t going to do anything about it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Would changing the oil pump gearing put the timing system under excessive stress? I believe the pump is the same across the range so no harm there.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Is the cable length the only differentiating thing with the ABS sensors? Rear and front, left and right?

·
Premium Member
26,901 Posts
Is the cable length the only differentiating thing with the ABS sensors? Rear and front, left and right?
Probably length can be different but maybe the angle of mounting bracket on sensor could be axle specific.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts