Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of these white gas shocks from Centerline, new, SA561, to replace the Spica units that seem fine to me.
They are currently out of stock so maybe there was a problem with these?
Or should i just sell them?
It seems to me the gas pressure might jack the car up at the rear.
George

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,702 Posts
I had a set on my Berlina. It might have raised it 1/2", nothing too significant. But if that's important to you it's worth considering. They rode fine, very much like stock.

Reactions: ganunez

·
Premium Member
22,376 Posts
I personally don't like the extra height. If the car is too low they'll give you that half inch. Konis are my fave.
Andrew

·
Super Moderator
11,348 Posts
I personally don't like the extra height. If the car is too low they'll give you that half inch. Konis are my fave.
Yup, I agree with Andrew. "No" to KYB's and "Yes" to Konis.

In my younger days, I tried to save a buck by installing a set KYB's in my Giulia spider. But the back of the little Alfa spider was so light that the increased spring rate from the gas shock made the back end hop over bumps. You might get away with gas shocks in a sedan, since it's heavier in general and has its weight more evenly distributed.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks , so these are ahemmm the automotive equivalent of a Brazilian butt lift for a sagging rear end

·
Premium Member
22,376 Posts
All that said, I like my street cars up at normal height. Potholes, heavy things in the trunk, heavy people in the back seat, it's nice to have ride height to spare. My Super is stock with 165/80-15 tires, as is my GTV. OK with me. My Jr Z is low, too low, and hits stuff all the time. Scrapes pan, spring buckets, exhaust. No fun.

Andrew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts