Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really need some help from the BB. In the last ten months have scoured the earth for photos of the 1966 Horst Kwech Trans-Am Championship GTA. I have had some success but need a photo of the left side of the car. The car has been accepted to Amelia Island and all involved want to accurately represent the 1966 Trans-Am livery. We are not using the ARRC livery which is different.

Roman Tucker and I are hoping to get a some more photos of the 9-18-66 Riverside race and will duplicate that paint and decal scheme. We are also interested in any photos of the left side from the earlier Trans-Am races in 1966. I have attached some photos to show the paint scheme. The first photo is from VIR by Roger Blanchard, the second VIR B&W is from Pete Luongo photo and the last B&W is from Riverside. At Riverside Kwech painted the right fender yellow and the left fender green after banging out the dents from practice and qualifying. He couldn't match the red so he used some readily available paint.
If you know anyone that attended these races and may have photos please contact me.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

1965 RHD GTA Corsa 1966 Kwech Trans-Am and B-Sedan Champion

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Here is a left side shot from the 1966 Riverisde ARRC race. I was just flipping through my Jan. 1967 issue of Sports Car magazine and came across it. Hope it helps! I'll email you a high res copy.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Here is a left side shot from the 1966 Riverisde ARRC race. I was just flipping through my Jan. 1967 issue of Sports Car magazine and came across it. Hope it helps! I'll email you a high res copy.
Thanks for the shot Anthony. I have a great closeup photo in B&W from John Wilson photography of this ARRC race and my Kwech GTA. He has Trans-Am photos in his archives as well, but they are not yet on his website.

John Wilson Photography

I would like to find a color shot from the ARRC race in November 66 or the ever elusive left shot from the Trans-Am race.

Here is a great shot from the October 8 issue of Autoweek by Fritz Taggart taken at the September 18th Trans-Am race at Riverside. I have contacted Fritz Taggarts widow in hopes of purchasing the original of this photo and any more she may have. I also told her about your interest in the number 33 car and Roman and Scott Gray's interest in their cars.

Bob

1965 RHD GTA Corsa Ex-Horst Kwech 1966 Trans-Am and B-Sedan Champion

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts