Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Papajam!

I had the privilege of speaking with Jim quite often last summer during the time he was convalescing before he returned to full-time work. He was so helpful and answered so many questions; you would have thought I was one of his best friends.

Two weeks ago I was locked in a death struggle with a drive shaft and I called Jim for advice and he took the time to walk me through the ordeal just before his bedtime.

He has proven to have the heart of a servant in a day when most people are anything but humble and helpful.

Thank you, Jim; I promise to call earlier, next time!

Ray

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Ossodiseppia started this thread well over a decade ago and I thought I’d reiterate how Papajam keeps on giving such is the graciousness of this man.

I recently reached out as a newbie and quickly received literature from Papajam including one of his renowned electrical diagrams for an early 105 Giulia Sprint GTV.

Truly, what a gem of a bloke! Kind natured expert Alfista who humbly continues to extend his help across continents as Alex Csank noted earlier in this thread. On this occasion to a new guy from down under in Oz.

I feel very fortunate and have benefited from making contact with this guru. Here here, Kudos to Papajam and many thanks to this admirable man.

:thumbup1::thumbup1:

·
Super Moderator
11,225 Posts
There is MORE to the story. Jim has Alfa research documents going back who knows how far, can and has, solved MANY Alfa mysteries for me and other BB members with his research.
How many know there are 2 cast aluminum 750 Veloce sumps, and the late one is 3 mm shallower than the early one? Both have the SAME casting numbers, but appear with different part numbers! Fortunately only ONE 101 casting number sump! Some of my customers went through considerable back-and-forth with me with photo's and discussion before Jim solved this one!
There is so much more Jim has taught me (and others) over the years that just a "THANKS!" is totally inadequate. His passion is contagious!

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Although we never met in person, he treated me like an old friend. Supplied wiring diagrams and freely shared knowledge. He even introduced me to some sellers when I was searching for my car. Legacy is how your actions affect others after you are gone. We should all give him a kind thought every time we unroll one of those beautiful diagrams of his.

·
Out of the office!
11,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Dear moderators can you please look into merging the couple of threads that are are at risk of diverging and diluting what is clearly a very meaningful and emotional topic to our community so that we can express our loss in one coherent thread for posterity. Many thanks.
François
Yes, we will do this, shortly. I have to relearn all of this kind of thing. So, for now, I will close this thread and at some point merge the newer posts with the one below:

https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfabbnews/673168-jim-neill-aka-papajam.html

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.