Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been shopping for shocks lately but I know they were expensive until I checked with Koni. The usual suspects had 'em for over $500++. I just bought a complete set delivered for $385....With everything else skyrocketing I thought this might bring a bright spot to your day.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
davbert, I guess it a routing system that has something to do with accepting cookies in your computer that I can't solve from here. Long and short is I spoke directly with Koni...When my order went thru their site on my computer it gets routed to their distributors automatically and the first one to grab it sends it. The guy sending mine is Custom Spares in NY 845-279-7300. Try the good old phone system when in doubt. My order is being filled by Custom Spares as confirmed by KONI in KY. The frts are #801193--- $187.50/pair and the rears # 801039---$180.00/pair. I specified Koni Red Classics NOT BLACK. Frt was $18.36. Koni confirmed my order so there is no one in Nigeria making this up. Good luck .. If they don't have them call Koni direct in Hebron KY. and use prompt 4. They were very helpful. There number is at the bottom of their website.

·
Registered
87 Posts
C'mon Rick, they won't do anything unless you actually put the symbols ON the shocks! ;)

Tom L.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tom ,, I said I won't be starting threads or contributing to this forum . Time to dust off the mashie and the niblick.. call me when you are ready to have your pocket fleeced. Ths courses are open

·
Super Moderator
11,870 Posts
Very helpful Rick, I've a "noise" in my RF. maybe time for a new pair. You need to stress, with your usual style, that these MUST be adjusted all the way to FIRM for those that have never used them before. The Decal placement IS also critical. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Actually, the last pair I installed was 30 years ago and I put them in out of the box,, dah .. I thought you were suppposed to. Tom Sahines says full soft in rear and 50% in front. Full firm might be a little edgy for my silver fillings.

If anyone asks which ones are front, I'll quit again....I don't know

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Very helpful Rick, I've a "noise" in my RF. maybe time for a new pair. You need to stress, with your usual style, that these MUST be adjusted all the way to FIRM for those that have never used them before. The Decal placement IS also critical. Thanks!
I always heard full soft. Especially with street sport springs. I have mine on full soft and wouldn't want them any stiffer for street; at lease at my age, maybe when I was twenty...

George

·
Super Moderator
11,870 Posts
I'm Kidding guys! KIDDING! Years ago all the "new" KONI guys set them up hard. You can just about break anything, INCLUDING your fillings, that way! Correct is either full soft, or 1/2 turn stiffer than soft, only in front for Giulietta / Giulia Spiders. This will still be pretty stiff when cool outside. Even running these on the track (L O N G ago) I never tried the stiff settings and still managed to pop loose about 50% of the spot welds inside the triangulated inner sill members! The Spider flexible chassis won't do well with the old KONI's stiff.
(It's just fun to let newcomers learn that!) "WoW! That's pretty STIFF!"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts