Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Koni advertises some struts for the 164. Do you guys know if they are adjustables (like on www.alfissimo.com) or if there are actually TWO models, a non-adjustable model and an adjustable one?

TIA,
Nizam

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Nizam,

I haven't seen any non-adjustable Konis listed ofr 164s. I have the yellow adjustable Konis on my S. The fronts are cartridges, so you have to sacrifice the OEM shocks and reuse the tubes. Only B and L shock bodies fit the Koni cartridge. Don't sacrifice an S front shock, as it will not work (I have heard of a modification to the S front shock tube to make the Koni cartridge work, but why bother?). I don't know if your LS front shocks are the same as a B or L. You'll need to check.

The rears are complete struts that simply bolt in.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Rich.

The LS shocks are similar to the L and B models in construction. I do not know if they have the same rates. My guess is they do not.

I was aware that I had to cut the welds off the top of the stock shocks to remove and replace the cartridge inside. This is no problem. I'm going to take this opportunity to clean up the strut with some new paint ... make it look nice again.

Nizam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts