Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting close to taking my car around the block. The car has not run n 40 years so I'm pretty psyched. One of the things I need to do is install seat belts. I have a bag with the hardware shown in the attached photo. Is the hardware arranged correctly? On a first look I thought the metal bushing was supposed to go through the metal end of the belt so it would rotate but then there is no way to accommodate the plastic inserts. It looks like the mounting bolt goes through one plastic insert, then the belt anchor, then the other plastic insert, then the metal bushing in order to space the belt off the carpet. Is that correct?

Examining marks on the hoop shows that this gets the heavy washer. Then where does the thin washer go? Between the plastic insert and the metal collar? Or between the metal collar and the carpet?

I have no idea how it is that I have all of the pieces except a pair of bolts! These are an M11-1. Does anybody have any idea where to find such a thing? They are very uncommon and not at Fastenal or McMaster, etc.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
12,021 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brian,

When you say the plastic collars go on each side of the mounting bracket, do you mean the metal end of the seat belt webbing? I think you described what I have in the photo. For the bolt in the foreground of the photo I was thinking that the metal end goes between the two plastic pieces. It's hard to see, but that's the way the other one is assembled. Yes, then the metal collar to space that off of the mats. I am thinking the thin washer goes either between the plastic and the metal collar.

Thanks,

Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts