Alfa Romeo Forums banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Aaron, love the colour of your 156. I was trying to aquire one the same colour as yours but none available so bought a resale silver version as fell for the red leather interior (manual). Have you had a good run with yours so far? I`m indifferent but need a new set of plugs first to judge performance. Feels boring.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Ahhhhhh....the 156 money-pit:'( Well it goes fine now and my wife loves driving it everyday and it looks nice. Latest issue is airbag light not going out, following on from clutch slave going, upper cam seal blowing, leading to a full cambelt waterpump service. So, in answer to your question Richard, no not really had that great a run. Nick at West European auto in contrast was probably quite glad i bought the car:p
Agree re. the engine leaving me cold also. Heart of it is that I think the 156 is weak. Hard to describe online, but in comparison to the Alfetta series, and even the 164, I continually have a sneaking feeling that something else is going to break on it. This was brought into contrast earlier last week after i test drove a (pretty poor condition) 75TS, even that felt stronger than the 156. But my wife loves the 156 and it is lovely looking. They suit silver too.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Interesting...My wife has fallen for our 156 and loves it and doesn`t want to drive our NZ new E36 manual BMW anymore which I think is the better car - I want to keep it and get rid of either the 156 or our Punto but a hatchback is very useful and I don`t want 3 "modern" drivers.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts