Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought the kiwi forum could do with spotting thread seen as the americans ands the aussies have their own

Saw a brilliant 116 red GTV on the way home yesterday from work on the motorway and st luke's road

Number plate gtv 20 anyone know it ?

·
Registered
321 Posts
A good idea Nick, over the last month I have spotted a Montreal - assume it was Fred Lennard's out for a blast on the North-Western on a Sunday - looked great ! and a GTV6 blatting through Remuera. I usually spot a 33 every week or so on the roads, there are actually quite a few Alfas being driven daily round Aucks- many of them 147s, 156s, 166s of course :)

·
Registered
814 Posts
over the last month I have spotted a Montreal - assume it was Fred Lennard's out for a blast on the North-Western on a Sunday - looked great !
Was it bronze or white?

I still see old Alfas being piloted around Auckland but I'm still partial to the 75s...

·
Registered
321 Posts
I am pretty sure it wasn't white so must have been bronzey - certainly was light coloured, I saw it coming the other driection I was going into the city about the Rosebank Rd overpass on the NthWestern, did a double-take: very nice. There are a few 105 coupes that are daily driven into the city along Tamaki Drive too, usually see them most weeks. That black re-engined GT Junior on TMe for 20k at the mo lives locally as I have spotted it quite a few times around the Ellerslie area also.

·
Registered
814 Posts
There are a few 105 coupes that are daily driven into the city along Tamaki Drive too, usually see them most weeks. That black re-engined GT Junior on TMe for 20k at the mo lives locally as I have spotted it quite a few times around the Ellerslie area also.
Yeah...see quite a few club members commuting :D

That GTJ looks like a dogs breakfast. I saw it in Newmarket just after it first went on sale... I think the owner's a bit deluded...$20K Lira maybe!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah...see quite a few club members commuting :D

That GTJ looks like a dogs breakfast. I saw it in Newmarket just after it first went on sale... I think the owner's a bit deluded...$20K Lira maybe!!
It does like quite horrible imo , how can you ask 20k for that when the guy with the gtv6 on there was asking for 18k !

Maybe on his tm add he forgot to mention the twin turbos , straight cut gear box , the heat seeking missile's in the boot........

·
Registered
321 Posts
The odometer is all over the place on that car according to CarJam, he's pretty upfront about it being his idea of an Alfa I guess. Though the fact that the interior has been stripped away [I think from memory] and it is a re-bigger-engined model would affect its value I would think for 105-lovers??? I don't really know the realistic value of 105 series cars at the moment, I thought most were 15 - 25kish??

·
Registered
143 Posts
Saw a beautiful white Alfa Romeo Montreal in Newsome Street in Onehunga (rego RARE 1) just now.

It was parked outside the warehouse where the guy has a 75, 164, 80's GTV and a Giulietta parked in the street. When I've driven past when the doors are open there are race car shells etc inside. Anyone know him?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Saw a beautiful white Alfa Romeo Montreal in Newsome Street in Onehunga (rego RARE 1) just now.

It was parked outside the warehouse where the guy has a 75, 164, 80's GTV and a Giulietta parked in the street. When I've driven past when the doors are open there are race car shells etc inside. Anyone know him?
Yup that's Tony who runs performance automotive

He has a nice spider hiding away up the back of his shop as well

The sud race car shells that you have seen probably belong to alfa club guys but he has his own alfetta sedan race car project that should be something special as well

·
Registered
814 Posts

Umm.. Yep...

This is where my 75 lives when it's not at my place :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Im pretty sure he had a blue guilia veloce? i'd never seen one in the flesh. That was in queenstown/frankton at an AA salvage yard. It was stacked pretty bad but they were ok, happened the day before i was there. The owner had just painstakingly restored the car and took it on its maiden drive and i think the panhard rod came loose and he ended up rolling it. Can't remember if it was insured or not, was something like 65 grand, scary. They reckoned the only thing that saved them was they were both short and the seats protected them from being hurt. He was going to rebuild it again. Bugger i didnt have a my camera with me that trip down.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On a sort of Alfa spotting note.......

Has anyone seen that VTNZ add with the woman and the white spider parked in true north shore style ?

Lame add but its not often that you see older alfas on kiwi tv

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Saw that on TV in my hotel in Qtown last night. Only see her driving in and reversing out. was hoping that it would feature more instead of the Toyota on the test sequence.
As usual on my road trips (just been down in Deep South last week and week before in Taranaki, Wanganui, Palmy, Wellington, Wairarapa, kapiti etc) an Alfa desert-even 156`s etc rare.
In Northland, Auckland, Tauranga, Waikato from Tues and hoping to see some decent cars on the road-stops me drifting off to sleep.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Cycling across the McCormacks Bay causeway her in ChCh I am sure i was passed by a SZ Zagato on yellow dealer plates-anyone shed any light on that..whos is it Richard? assume a car like that can get compliance>
Cheers Haden

·
Registered
198 Posts
Finally it's been spotted, according to the Alfa SZ register there is one known SZ here in NZ.

The regulations were actually amended last year so a returning resident or immigrant can bring cars with them that do not meet the regulations. As long as you have owned the car in the UK (or Europe). Also they now allow vehicles of special interest.

Factsheet 44b — Special interest vehicles

I would sell close family members to own one so whatever hoops the LTSA make you jump through has to be worth it.

Whoever owns it should be hunted down by local AROC members and forced to let them drool all over it.

I like them. Can you tell?

1 - 20 of 85 Posts