Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well KFC have just launched a new ad campaign here in Oz with, of all things, a couple in a GT Junior! HOW EMBARRASSING!

So did anyone here prostitute their car for this horrible advertisement? Somehow classic Alfas and greasy fast-food don't sit well with me as a combination.

What do you suppose was going through the marketing guys' minds when they were scripting this piece of poop? "I know, let's put the actors in an old Alfa Romeo - that will make the ad look classy"... Grrr.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Crickey!!!!!

Now, instead of poeple going.."wow, what is it...is that a Ferrari?"....theyll go....."looks....theres a KFC car!!"

I havnt seen it yet but will keep my eyes open for it.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
That ad was launched several months ago, and I can't recall who's car it is, but yes I think it's a bb'ers car.

But hey, whoever can raise some coin by hiring their car to a production company, good luck to them, it's all money in the bank to help with running costs.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ad doesn't show much of the car - mostly interior shots then a quick aerial view of it driving out of the car park. I just happened to glimpse the interior light and recessed panel at the rear of the roof and did a double-take. Sure enough, it's a junior - maybe it was one of the crew's cars. I can't think why anybody would go to the trouble of picking a GT Junior specifically for a commercial and then not actually show much of the car. It might as well have been a Corolla or some other appliance-type-car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That ad was launched several months ago, and I can't recall who's car it is, but yes I think it's a bb'ers car.

But hey, whoever can raise some coin by hiring their car to a production company, good luck to them, it's all money in the bank to help with running costs.
But wouldn't they feel "dirty"? I know I would... unless we're talking "big" bucks.

Big, big bucks.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
But wouldn't they feel "dirty"? .
Heck no, If I'm not getting my 15 minutes of fame my car might as well. My Duetto was almost in a Cletis Judd country music video but the starter went out and my buddy's Duetto got the spotlight instead. His same Duetto was just cast in a Fazolli's Pizza commercial although he says it's hard to tell what it is in the shots they used.

My '48 Ford with considerable "patina" was once used in a Cracker Barrel photo shoot. Hey, paid for a radiator recore!

Bill

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Its not a junior. It is a GT Veloce, and a nice one at that, so it was top of the line for 1966.

Other Thread

I just wish they got the audio levels wrong or should I say right so you can hear the engine more!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
kfc

hey guys.

I know this car and the owner personally.
The car is in excellent condition (concours)
Yes,the owner was paid a very good price for his car to be in the KFC add.
Maybe the fellow BBs who cringe at the car being in the add are envious ?
I own my own buisiness. For what he got paid,I would have certainly closed for the day,taken the family out to dinner 3 nights in a row,and then a week at a resort somewhere.
Yep,id certainly do it.
I remember taking my 1976 Spider to a Pizza Hut comercial about 10 years ago and got paid $1000 for 2 days.
So fellowBBs,go polish your cars,talk to some advertising people,and go get paid.
By the way,I never did ask the owner if he got free chicken for a whole year.

Robert

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
My cousin had a production company knock on her door, asking to use her car. They were filming one of those crime shows, where they retrace how the cops solved the real-life murder. Her car (an old Toyota Corona) was the same type of car as the murderers. So they gave it a fresh paint job and paid her $600, just so they could park it in the street where the offenders car was seen by a witness, and do about a 5 second film shoot!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
"But wouldn't they feel "dirty"?
Hahahahahahahaha!!!!
I was watching the news not long ago and there was a story about a new york kfc where the authorities found RATS! So the guys in kfc thought we're screwd unless we bring the big guns , so they had to use an Alfa 105 to win some of the customers back...
All laughs aside i wouldn't mind funding my t/s project this way.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The car in the ad is a very nice example and has obviously had some $$$ spent on it. The way I figure it, if the car can earn back some of that money for the owner, why would that be a bad thing?!

Generally cars depreciate in value. If someone is prepared to pay so handsomely for a car they show only fleetingly in the ad, then I say good luck to the owner.

·
Registered
479 Posts
ANY advertising is good for image. People will see it, wonder what it is, and generate interest.

This is a good thing.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
FWIW, I went to the 1st KFC in Corbin, Kentucky. The place is set up like a museum. We also went to the headquarters in Louisville and to the Colonel's gravesite. For the record, I don't eat their product - it's not healthy:(.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hey, I got no shame...I go to KFC. Heck throw in beer, rock n roll and hot girls with the Alfa and it sounds like a good time to me!!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
KFC ROCKS.........but I guess I'm biased!!:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for posting the link to the other thread - all my questions answered. Be that as it may, my car won't act in anything not directed by someone the calibre of Martin Scorcese:p

Besides, it's yellow, which means it's most likely a Macca's or Subway ad for me anyway. I wonder how well they pay?..:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts