Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alfa Spider 3/1982
ZARBA5414C1015756

I have tried to Contact Alfa Romeo in Europe, but no response.

Where are the key codes located?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
612 Posts
check e-bay
if you still have a working key, they can make a copy for you,
other thing is... its easier to loose anything that you`ll leave in the car, than loose it and have to replace a convertible top or part of the dashboard because of the thieves...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No working key. Not worried about top getting sliced, just want all of the keys. May want to lock something in the trunk...

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
If you've no key at all, you can try to get get a blank from a place like Centerline, remove the glovebox lock, and take both to a locksmith who can (usually) match the key to the lock.

As the doors, trunk and glovebox all have the same key, once you get a working one, it's gravy from there.

Now as locksmiths can be a bit expensive, it might be worth your while to scrounge up a used set of locks w/key from someplace like APE.

·
Administrator
16,633 Posts
I had the door lock cylinder out of our '84 Spider but still couldn't find a 'key code'. It is supposed to be there somewhere...

I did have one key for door & ignition but couldn't find key blanks locally. There are 4 possible door key blanks, BTW.

I ended up contacting Keys 4 Classics, emailing them a close-up photo of my keys and they made copies from the pictures - worked perfectly.

I did not have a door key for our '78 MGB. I drove the car to a locksmith. He had a blank that fit the lock and then made a key for the door - took about 5 minutes and he didn't remove the locks - just inserted the blank key and 'read' the marks made by the lock cylinder to cut the key to shape. And that 5 minutes was not rushing at all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts