Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i went to take some photos of my new pride and joy today. On the way i passed one of those truck weighing stations and figured why not.. I got a few plans to turn it into a Track Day /Fast road car.. Paid 20 euro and got a nice official document which is good for MOT (DMV) purposes..

Anyhow Car registration lists dry weigth at 1060 kg (2337 lbs) Including all fluids and about 5 gallons of fuel it only weighed 980 kgs. (2160 lbs) Nice surprise! anyone else put their Bertie on the scale?

Snaps i took

·
Registered
130 Posts
My previous GTV was a 73. I had the car mostly apart for paint and stripped all the sound deadner and undercoat. It had doors without crash bars and like you I ran it without bumpers. On a certified scale it weighed in at 1992 lbs. No wonder it seemd fast. Steve

·
Registered
98 Posts
Was required to weigh my car in order to register it in Hawaii. It's a '71 1750 GTV with US specs and came in at exactly 2300 lbs. That's with 14" aluminum Cromodoras and 185/70 rubber but otherwise stock. The spare is a steel wheel with 165 tire. Had about 4 gallons of gas on board. A sales brochure of the day lists the curb weight as 2292, so it's close. I take it the Euro models were a bit lighter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
1967 Sprint GT Velcoe

I just this weekend weighed my car at the rubbish dump on some truck scales,it has BWA wheels and a 2L engine with 2L brakes and diff it weight\s 948 kilos with half a tank of gas.I was really surprised

Skand

·
Registered
795 Posts
Bumping this thread to see if anyone else has results to post. Kind of curious about where my car will end up.

Thanks

Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts