Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 ½ years of fixing up my ’88 Grad, my wife and I finally took it on an overnight trip.

For those of you not from this area, Kentucky has a string of about 11 Bourbon distilleries spanning roughly from Lexington to Louisville. They all give tours and if you visit them all you get a free tee shirt.

The distilleries are very old, some of them dating back to the early 1800’s, and the country in that area is absolutely beautiful.

I planned a trip and avoided the expressways so that I could cruise on back roads as much as possible.

Here was our route:

The weather was perfect and the drive was glorious. Here are a few pictures:

Our lonely Alfa in some little town where we stopped to walk around and sightsee:

Driving away in the tour bus at one of the distilleries:

This is a short Video clip while driving, just to get an idea of what the roads were like:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21123521/BBoardPhotos/AlfaBB/Btrail3.mp4

Stopping for gas on the way home:

We ended up driving a little over 280 miles in 2 days. The Alfa proved to be much more comfortable that I would have imagined. I planned that we would feel pretty beat up after driving for 2 hours, but it wasn’t a problem at all.

The car ran perfectly, not a hiccup of any type. We got a lot of stares and thumbs up as we drove through some of the little towns.

For the first time since I’ve owned my Alfa I just relaxed and enjoyed he ride without worrying about what I needed to work on, or what might break. I was quite a relaxing and enjoyable weekend, I’m sure it is the first of many more like it.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Thanks for the report! What our cars were made for!

Did I see zero oil pressure in the video?

Best wishes

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the report! What our cars were made for!

Did I see zero oil pressure in the video?

Best wishes
Huh ? is zero oil pressure a problem ?? :laugh::laugh:

I wondered if anybody would notice that. The monopod oil pressure gage didn't work when I purchased the car, but the PO had installed this:

Most likely the sender is bad, but it's been low on my priority list to investigate. This winter I might look into fixing it for cosmetic reasons, but I would still keep the mechanical gage since it's more accurate and reliable than the electric one would ever be.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Whew! Had me worried there!

Best wishes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts