Alfa Romeo Forums banner
481 - 491 of 491 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
How's progress?
I think I will post some miscellaneous ramblings here. They are tangentially related to your thread, because of fabrication matters, and because I am also trying to fit a Honda engine where it doesn't belong.

I wish they made these things with flat machined sides. I do have a table saw for this, but it is not close by, considering over $4 gallon for gas.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

I've made these down pipes for my GTV6. I used Milano for sizing. It is ready to be tacked into place.
White Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Light

·
Registered
it's almost a alfa romeo spider
11,730 Posts
get some zip ties.. wrap it a round the pipe.. tighten it.. get a sharpy, trace it around the zip tie. remove zip tie, or just slid it up the tube and cut around the sharpy line you jast made...easy

Reactions: PSk

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #484 ·
How's progress?
I think I will post some miscellaneous ramblings here. They are tangentially related to your thread, because of fabrication matters, and because I am also trying to fit a Honda engine where it doesn't belong.

I wish they made these things with flat machined sides. I do have a table saw for this, but it is not close by, considering over $4 gallon for gas.
View attachment 1734193
I've made these down pipes for my GTV6. I used Milano for sizing. It is ready to be tacked into place.
View attachment 1734194
Thanks for checking in. I’ve had some pretty demanding work and family priorities lately that have pushed this to the back burner but fortunately I think I’m just about wrapped on those and can start getting back after this.
Thanks, as always, for weighing in on the fun fabrication work that we’re all enjoying :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #485 ·
As much as I want to make polyurethane mounts again, I think I’ll be grateful to have off-the-shelf solutions if/when stuff needs replaced down the road.

Landed on Jeep motor and transmission mounts from Energy Suspension.

Product Orange Triangle Font Screenshot

Automotive lighting Recipe Font Rectangle Food

Supported the transmission from above and started on a new crossmember tonight.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wood Crankset

Wood Gas Machine Auto part Machine tool

Light Automotive tire Blue Vehicle Car

temporary metal spacer to simulate the mount while I wait for fedex :)

·
Registered
it's almost a alfa romeo spider
11,730 Posts
the tranny tunnel will sooo, much fun to make..just finished mine... as for the sterring,,if are going to use the same system as mine... grade 8 bolts... you will need to drill the steering box are and idea box arm to 5/8 inch... unless you want to go tp 16 or 17 mm bolts... the ich sizes are just easier to get.. you also will need 12 safety washers, and 1 peice stainless steel spacers 5.8 id. x 1 1/8 od. x what ever leanght you might need.. i think i posted my system on my build... also heat the steering arms red hot to bend.. if you just put the bolt in you will notice that they will hit the lower, inner A arms

481 - 491 of 491 Posts