Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does have an idea hoe to fit K&N Filters in my 1975 1600 Giulia Super (RHD). Can I just lift the one side of the motor to create space or not?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Why not just put one of these in the air fiter box? The Alfa air intake system is quite good on it's own -

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,130 Posts
Does have an idea hoe to fit K&N Filters in my 1975 1600 Giulia Super (RHD). Can I just lift the one side of the motor to create space or not?
I second Nic's question. What's wrong with your stock air filter?

When you ask about "lifting one side of the motor" do you mean:

- lift it temporarily to install the filter OR
- lift it permanently, like on a Giulietta veloce ?

The second idea isn't advisible - when Alfa engineered the Giulietta veloce, they re-designed the exhaust system, motor mounts, throttle linkage, .... Just putting some washers under a motormount to raise one side is likely to result in some unintended consequences.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nic, jy kan die enjin mountings met die Ford Cortina V6 s'n vervang. Dis net genoeg om die 2 filters nie teen die chassis te laat skuur nie. Matt Kotze van Bloemfontein het syne so gemaak, en myne se chassis is onder die filters so 'n bietjie met 'n hamer bygekom. Alles mooi en netjies gedoen, geen skade nie, en my Guilia het sy 2 K&N filters op.

Mooi bly,
Pieter Rademeyer

·
Registered
135 Posts
Like Pieter, I used some light hammering to make fine fit. You'll need a stabiliser between the carbs as well to preserve your mounts and prevent fuel frothing.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Check your engine mount hasn't started to sag. Fitting new engine mounts may give enough room to fit the filters?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.

Thanks a lot. I'll definitely try the suggestions. Dankie Pieter in Bloem. I'll post the results later.

·
Registered
505 Posts
The original filter is good enough. Otherwise use shorter KN boxes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts