Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to say hello to the Alfa Community! Whenever I go to Italy, im always drooling over the 166's :D my cousin has a 1995 164S Q4, really quick!!!

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Hello back! Glad you joined the site!

I check out youre website, pretty cool! One thing that sucks about youre site is that WRX thing! You should hand it over to me.

Wish I had a good paying job to own a WRX!!

p.s. One day!

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
One more thing

Nice Cad work! I remember about 4 years ago I took a high school class with cad was fun but frustrating at times.

How's the Cad scene, with job? How did you learn CAD? Technical School? 4 Year college?

Fill me in with some details, I'm having problems find a graphic design job. Maybe CAD might be interesting to check out.
Thanks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sniady,

I went to techincal school to become a drafter I took 3 years of Autocad and CADKey. After I graduated I Ended up going to a 2 yr. state college where took up Mechanical Engineering. Then after I got settled in with my last job I got Pro/E Certified by Parametric Tech. Lost my job at the end of July 2002, been UE ever since, It sucks....

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
welcome to my world

I'm Unemployed as well. Stackin Government cheese! It sucks though I get barly enough for bread.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Re: welcome to my world

Sniady said:
I'm Unemployed as well. Stackin Government cheese! It sucks though I get barly enough for bread.
I'm UE too... :(

Well, I was never employed... haha... still jobless after graduated from ArtCenter four months ago...

The economy is really bad... I guess... hope things get better in 2003

I should have gone to an engineering school instead of drawing stupid little car renderings... :eek:

Hey LBC!! Nice work!!
I tried to learn AutoCAD when AutoCAD was in version 9. It was way too hard for me back then...
---------
Sniady? Do you have a degree in Graphics?

Checkout www.coroflot.com a lot of my schoolmates found their jobs over there. Way better website than hotjobs.com and monsterjob.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
I just started getting my unemployment 3 months ago, I think i still have a good 6 months then maybe a extension if I'm still jobless.

AlfaChan

No Degree, I took some courses and I been using the programs for a good 4-5 years. I'm experienced enough to be in a office and click the mouse. Do some print work. Thanks for that link!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here in Massachusetts you can get up to 32 weeks, if you get an extension you get an additional 12 weeks for UI.

The problem is, I had a job 3 weeks into being UE. I was suppost to go work for Wyeth Phramisutical doing machine drafting. I went for an Interview, they loved me, and I got the offer on the table. What ended up happening was after a few days of waiting for the temp. agency to clean up the paperwork with there HR department, they implented a hiring hold 2 days before I was suppost to start. Ever since then, I have had no luck getting a job. Even tried applying at retail stores, car dealerships, recruiter positions, sales positions, etc... Nobody wants to hire me for 2 reasons, im overqualified, or im not experienced in that field. It really sucks not having the money to support your hobbys or live the lifestyle you used to live. :mad: :(

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Sorry to hear that LBC

Yeah I hate searching for jobs. Trying to meet up with the employers expectations. I'm still young but my mind thinks a lil older. I just want money to pay the house and buy all kinds of goodies for my car!!! So basically... Yeah make good money! Awww We'll find something... Hopefully!

p.s. I hate when simple jobs require resumes!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Re: Sorry to hear that LBC

Sniady said:
I just want money to pay the house and buy all kinds of goodies for my car!!! So basically... Yeah make good money! Awww We'll find something... Hopefully!
p.s. I hate when simple jobs require resumes!
Hope we will also find a job really soon!!

Did you do the logo of the AlfaBB too? Nice and clean.

;)

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Yeah I do have something on the internet but I forgot the link.

The logo. I pulled a few logos off some sites and started to copy it in Illustrator to have a vector clean file. In the process of doing that Simon found a .ai file (illustrator file). Ready to be used!

Here's something I made about 2 years ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats pretty cool! :D

smestas, you gotta GTV? I have a silver 1972 Fiat 128SL with only 6,000km in near perfect showroom condition sitting in my garage in my house in italy, and a 1974 Fiat 500 with a good amount of mileage I use as my daily driver when I visit. Thinking about bringing over the 128 to use for Auto-X'ing, do you Auto-X your GTV?

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
LBC said:
smestas, you gotta GTV?
No I dont have a GTV. Right now I'm without an Alfa but I've been on the hunt. I'm definitely lookin for a good GTV or a project GTV that I can build. Once I get it Im planning on doing a whole online restoration of the car so others can view it and share as I go along. Sort of an online team effort.

I cant believe that you have a "1972 Fiat 128SL with only 6,000km" do you have any pics you can post. I'd like to see them.

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Please don’t hate me because I'm GTV-less!

One of my main reasons that I don’t have one is because I to am unemployed. I've been out of a solid job for over a full year! I got all of you guys beat. Since my layoff I've been able to make some income doing contract work. Only thing about that is its feast or famine. FYI I'm in famine mode. Unfortunatly for web designers/developers its going to take a bit while the economy recovers. So with my free time I thought I would use my talents for creative and a purposeful venue and up came AlfaBB with Sniady. As for owning an Alfa I'm sure I'll get there soon I just got to keep my head up durring the storm.

PS - Anyone want to buy a 1lb block of cheese! Or should I post that in the for sale forum?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
let me go dig up some pictures and scan them in. Do you need another moderator? Id like to become one!

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
I think we will look for moderators down the line when the BB picks up. We just started this site and honestly it's still slow. We have 100 plus members but not all of them post. Maybe if things pick up like the Impreza.net site(wrx board) then we can go scout out some moderators.
We'll keep you in mind if things do pick up. Right now its super mellow.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts