Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Just purchased Giulia Ti

3K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  classicalfas 
#1 ·
Here is a photo of my new '67 Ti, drove 11 hours to pick it up. Couldn't be happier with this purchase. Has a 1600 w/ twin webers. I'll have more photos later, rained all day on my way home and its not supposed to stop till Friday. Here is a photo loaded up.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks for the kind words. I have been looking for one for a few months and contemplated bringing one in from the Netherlands, a friend did that a few years ago and had a very good experience. Then I called a friend who had one and he heard of this one that was for sale but not advertised, and gave me the contact info. Drove out 11 hours with my truck and trailer and, well it was pretty much exactly as described. Its been here in the states for at least 25 years and well taken care of by both owners who happened to be friends. I will continue to give it what it needs to keep it looking good. It looks like it has red Konis, and red IAP springs, and of corse the beautiful TZ repros.

Sig, let me know when the Summit show is, I've been to a few in the past and thought they stopped because it got so large. There is a show Sept 22 in Staten Island at the Italian cultural center, I registered (its free) and will bring a '59 Giulietta Spider. I'll post some more photos next time I take it out(rain all week), most likely this weekend.

#11 ·
I called California Car Covers and they made (or sourced) an outdoor cover to fit my Giulia Super. Nice quality and it fits very nicely but wasn't cheap - $470 for the nicest outdoor fabric. If I remember I tried to order online but did not see the Giulia Super as an option, but if you call them they can pretty much custom make any make/model. They have several different options for indoor, outdoor, or indoor/outdoor covers. I am sure there are other companies out there that do as well.
Bill

#12 · (Edited)
For indoor use (dust), the car parts houses (Autozone, O'Reily, etc.) small generic covers work just fine for $30 for a sedan or GT. A generic outdoor cover from Costco fit OK but still had sweat beneath it and I am dubious about that for long-term use. Congrats on the nice car!! Welcome to the club.

#13 ·
Car cover costs

shakingthrough, anywhere south of $500 is not bad these days for a decent outdoor cover. Recently paid a tad less than you did for a Weather-whatever from Covercraft for our Giulia … except ours is one of the new ones, and they had it in stock! I think between that, the Milano and the 164 I have sunk enough into covers to buy another car! One that I'd just leave out for the birds to anoint, of course …

#15 ·
I ordered a Noah fitted cover from California Car Covers, I have ordered from them before and they do fit nice. I have a set of old Bridgestone RE-92's 185x70x15's on TZ 5.5x15, and need replacing. What is the consensus on tires and size without rubbing, What are you guys using and are you happy with your tires?

#16 · (Edited)
I have 185 x 70 x 15 Avon ZT5's on my 51/2" TZ alloys. Could have had Continentals but they weren't on offer at the time, so the Avons were cheaper. A really good tyre in all wet & dry. No rubbing.
I wouldn't go any bigger than 185's, a). for the potential rubbing, and b). 195's is going too wide for a 51/2" rim, & you lose the dynamic quality of the handling when the tyre is moving about on the rim.
Next time I need tyres I will likely go back to a 175 x 70.

Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.