Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just joined the broken windshield club :<

Son Thomas' 91L was the victim of some highway debris while coming home from Norfolk for the Holidays. His 164 has a nice crack in the glass about 14" long. Who had the info on where to locate a new one? Installer broke the one in my old L getting it out :< I'll need to get it done before 1/5/08. Thanks Jim.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
See if your insurance will cover it. Here in Ky there is a state law that if you have full coverage that your insurance must replace any safety glass (windshield, headlamps, etc) for no charge W/O charging your deductible and it does not count against you policy.

Check the state laws. Some insurance companies will argue with you to get out of a claim. Call several glass companies also. Let them do the leg work.

Paul

Oh... I think that Jason at Alfissimo has an install kit with the trim etc....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunatley no collision or comprehensive carried on his car

In an effort to keep the insurance affordable fo our flet of 6 cars, the kids older vehicles only carry liability. Full coverage for my 94ls though.....

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Windshields and trim packs are getting very hard to find for this car. Expensive is the usual answer.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Hopefully you can find a windshield and trim pack. Figure about a $800+ by the time you get it all installed.

·
1991 164L
27,634 Posts
Read my email.

·
Registered
496 Posts
164 Windshields In the Works

We are in the preliminary stages of having FYG (Fuyao Glass) tool up from an original windshield to make these. It appears they will be the heated version. This looks like 3 months down the line. No pricing yet but if all goes well they will be much cheaper than the recent past. FYG (China) is making everyting from ferrari to rolls Royce these days and a lot fo it is pretty good- not all. They're OE in some European and Asian vehicles now.
Will update info as it becomes available.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for your post, I was just on the verge of replacing mine but i can wait a few months for a more palatable price "Made in China" works for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts