Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just installed a wooden Nardi steering wheel, very NICE, light and easy to turn with, fits in my hands like a glove! Looks sweet too!!
But what is the EASIEST way to disconnect that **** flashing airbag light!!??

·
Registered
665 Posts
Did you disconnect the battery before you removed the wheel and clutch assembly? You may have to disconnect the computer for the AB system located behind the driver's seat.

Photo?

Does the horn work?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RedSpider said:
Did you disconnect the battery before you removed the wheel and clutch assembly? You may have to disconnect the computer for the AB system located behind the driver's seat.

Photo?

Does the horn work?
Did not disconnect the battery, horn works.

·
Registered
665 Posts
In that case, I'm guessing that during the install the sensors picked up an error code.

I gotta see it, though (drool, drool);) ;)

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
Jack Sprat said:
I've just installed a wooden Nardi steering wheel, very NICE, light and easy to turn with, fits in my hands like a glove! Looks sweet too!!
But what is the EASIEST way to disconnect that **** flashing airbag light!!??
Are you going to have to reinstall the airbag wheel to pass state inspection?

·
Registered
665 Posts
I don't know of a state that checks to see if the car has an airbag; much less one that checks to see if it's working. Do you have something different up there in SD?

·
But Mad North-Northwest
9,865 Posts
No, they don't check for an airbag here in CA - at least not for smog, which is the only inspection you need.

Since you pulled the bag you need to disconnect the computer. It's easy: unplug the battery and remove the rear decklid behind the seats. Directly behind the driver's seat is an orange box. Unplug the two plugs and tape up the connectors so they don't short somewhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts