Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran with an open exhaust for a couple of days in my Alfa and it was pretty **** nice, but of course I added an older Ansa Exhaust, so it's sounds better and tamed. But I had a cutout in a Mercedes CLK55 and I loved opening it up on the freeway, when I approached other high end cars. I know most of you might think I'm crazy, and probably immature but I actually got the idea at a Hotrod GTG and almost all of the guys there were old skool, with cutouts for their Side Pipes. I think it would be fun to open up the exhaust when the occasional sports car pulls up.
This is what a cutout sounds like on an Alfa V6:

·
Premium Member
15,887 Posts
No comment, lol. I like my hearing, still working at 72.

·
Premium Member
15,887 Posts
Understand. As a mild form of this, I used to remove the air filter of my Giulia Sprint GT once in a while to be able to increase the sound of the intake through the Webers. Good sound, that, but after a while would have to return to normal sound levels.

Doctors are now reporting a very significant increase in the number of young people suffering from "old age" hearing loss because of the increased usage of way too loud earbuds and excessively loud car speakers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts