Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My first post here even though I've never driven anything but an Alfa.
Okay my first Alfas are now classics (33, 146, 156) but I took delivery of my 1750 Mk1 on Wednesday and had my first real drive today. Wow! Such fun. Quick, Smooth, Tactile.

Now 3 questions please
Where can I get PDF parts list, owners manual, workshop manual?
Why do the doors line up perfectly, not dropped yet take a mighty slam to close fully.
Why did I break my passenger side window by slamming it. Its like it made contact with metal somewhere.

Attachments

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,660 Posts
To quote Captain Lance Murdock: "Well, let me start by saying...good for you, son! It's always nice to see young folks taking an interest in danger. Now, a lot of people are gonna be telling you you're crazy, and maybe they're right. But the fact of the matter is, bones heal, chicks dig scars, and the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!"

Cardisc.com is a good place to get all the manuals, not sure if they ship to Europe. You should ask on the BB to get a copy of the Papajam 1750 wiring diagram (maybe send a message to user Ossodiseppia as he may have it).

Some of the aftermarket door seals for the GTV are problematic and can cause problems shutting the door. It could also be that the door latch on the body is adjusted too far inwards. There are threads on both these topics if you do a search.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah Gubi, Not so young any more, pension flying up but regretting why I didn't get one sooner and instead had some German thing. My son had a classic mini as did my mother and kind of similar in feel.

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
12,188 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,007 Posts
Welcome to owning this type of Alfa. That body style was my first Alfa, 64 Sprint GT. Great car..

"Why did I break my passenger side window by slamming it"

Well, slamming things break things. My experience through the decades of owning Alfas is that nothing needs to be slammed if adjusted properly. Slamming things is not a good way to start out with these cars. Adjusting things to be finger touch, so to speak, will make the car more enjoyable.

Have fun with the car. Seeing that brings back memories.

Reactions: Andrew_McCrae

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'll bet it wasn't a classic when she owned it.

You can find most of the parts and shop manuals for your 1750 at duettoinfo.com. Even thought the site is for roundtail Spiders, many of the manuals cover the GTV and Berlina.
Thank you Brian. If that's your website, Wow! If not, whoever owns it Wow! :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Slamming things is not a good way to start out with these cars
Unfortunately Del, I never got the opportunity to check it out. Slam was probably a bit extreme of a phrase, probably more of a very firm. But I'm certain it wasn't that way leaving the factory back in '69.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts