Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Just scored a lovely '74 GTV 2000 out of my in-laws neighbors garage for next to nothing... (My dream car since I was 17!!) It starts, but had the fuel pressure light on... Changed the front and rear fuel filters, but need some guidance as to bleeding the fuel lines... It wont start now... (Rear filter is in the right way. ;)

Any love here??

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Does the fuel pressure light go out now? If the fuel pump is running, fuel circulating back to the tank then it’s self bleeding.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am thinking it needs a new fuel pump... I still need to check the fuse, but the pump is not making noise...

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Remember that a twist of the fuse on the fusebox may make contact for the pump to run. There is no bleeding required as when th he pump is energized it will self bleed as there is a fuel return to the tank. Good luck

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
We guess the Spica fuel injection is what you are trying to feed?

The electric fuel pump is clearly audible and should whirr continuously as soon as you turn the key on. They don't fail that often.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's ALIVE! Thanks for the pointers! :)

Now to sort these squishy brakes... (and flush the cooling system....)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Changed the fuse and love tapped the pump. Gonna keep an eye on the pump, but its running quite nicely...

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
May want to put 8 oz of marvel oil in to a full tank as well as some Fuel inj cleaner. Good luck

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have done just that. It was well maintained before it sat, so there is that going for me... The brake pads look good, do you guys think I should just bleed the system or should I change the pads too?

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
You can sandpaper the pads and rotors to deglaze them. I would also replace the brake fluid as that should be done every 2 to 3 years then bleed the system. Probably driving through a tank of fuel will turn up other things that need to be checked Good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts