Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the seat pans( floor ) are not the same..trying to instale my new passager seat( recardo) the driver seat fits ok, no clearence problem with the top frame,,,but the passanger..not the same, so i am taking apart the seat frame, bent the steel tubes( seat frame) in for more clearence....bad/good part,only slim girls will fit in that seat..:D

·
Premium Member
3,543 Posts
You found out a design feature that Alfa Spiders have had since the Giulietta: the driver is more important than the passenger, so more room is provided and the passenger seat is somewhat offest to the right (I also found this problem when installing Corbeau seats in my car).

bianchi1 said:
the seat pans( floor ) are not the same..trying to instale my new passager seat( recardo) the driver seat fits ok, no clearence problem with the top frame,,,but the passanger..not the same, so i am taking apart the seat frame, bent the steel tubes( seat frame) in for more clearence....bad/good part,only slim girls will fit in that seat..:D

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
They must do that by offsetting the tunnel to the right, correct?

My car certainly has WAY more room on the left. I didn't get it for a long time. People were aways pranging themselves on the edge of the body getting in, talking about how small the car is inside, etc. I thought it was just because I'm little. Then I noticed there was much less room between the sill and the seat when cleaning it one day and then I sat over there - it is pretty small!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts