Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Alfa romeo Stelvio veloce / alfa romeo spider veloce
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello to all folks around,
i was a passive reader for several months, and decide to dropped in and say hi introduce myself,

i've been in to Italian and Alfa Romeo cars for 25 years and got some of the models i could get locally,
Unfortunately there were not as many in Israel as there are in eu or the US... but we had fun with what we had :) (alfa sud, alfetta, sprint, 33, fiat coupe etc)

Recently I got some of the "new" models, such as a 159 tbi, Giulietta qv and now the Stelvio veloce 2020 as my daily drive. but, all those years the "dream" was the JUNIOR GTV or/and a SPIDER veloce in red of course.

So for my 43 birthday I bought one that was brought from the US to our country by another local alfa club member that got into some finance pickles (his wife) and sold it. The man that repaired and was overhauling his car is a friend of mine and said that I must take it because she runs like no other! They did almost everything mechanical and electrical in that car, they spent ten of thousands for that rebuild. from rockers, to engine, clutch, transmission, etc..

the one thing they didn't do all that time they worked on the car, is the interior , body and roof...
and that something i started a few weeks ago to get going myself, i was bought a LOT of new parts, especially from classic alfa and Alfaholic... and will do also the floor carpet, seats and inner doors brand new, also a new top and all the goodies, now after i finished the body and paint,

the thing is, the car on the inside looks not bad, but i've always wanted it to be "LIKE NEW" so... I put my money where my dreams start and end, hoping I can share the outcome with you guys.

In the meantime, here are some pictures of her now (before the new seats, carpet and new roof... i did some detailing and replace some of the plastics and add some missing ones... a lot of parts are waiting on the side to be mounted also...)

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-18 at 16.41.11.jpeg
IMG_4872.jpg

thank you and stay safe
Aviad.

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Looks nice. What year?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I'm going to take a guess and say 1981 MY.

Reactions: Byrdio

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
WOW!! I can see why you're so taken with this Spider-- it's gorgeous. I'm guessing it's a '76 or '77? I would have bought it, too, under the circumstances. Love that contrasting red piping on the seats, and the Turbina wheels look fantastic. More photos, maybe? Take care, Aviad, and welcome to the BB!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh... I just saw that is a new member sub forum. Pleas admin if needed I assume you move my crappy English post over there.

thank you.
A

·
Administrator
17,867 Posts
Oh... I just saw that is a new member sub forum. Pleas admin if needed I assume you move my crappy English post over there.
No, here is just fine. And you get extra credit for posting pictures! Nice looking Spider.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you very much,

and all of the above for the warm welcome.

It's a 1981 Veloce. it came from Atlanta to Israel a couple of years ago, and got rebuilt (almost every part and a lot of the body and floor), repainted, and soon refurbished all its interior and roof.

I will be happy to share pictures of the process, in the meantime I have a full room of boxes on boxes and still coming, waiting to get her to get the floor, inner doors, a lot of plastics, cosmetics and seats done.

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
thank you very much,

and all of the above for the warm welcome.

It's a 1981 Veloce. it came from Atlanta to Israel a couple of years ago, and got rebuilt (almost every part and a lot of the body and floor), repainted, and soon refurbished all its interior and roof.

I will be happy to share pictures of the process, in the meantime I have a full room of boxes on boxes and still coming, waiting to get her to get the floor, inner doors, a lot of plastics, cosmetics and seats done.
Nice. I live near Atlanta and have been to Israel several times

Reactions: byrdparis

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice. I live near Atlanta and have been to Israel several times
you had me at "pantera" :)
next time if you ever visit again, drinks on me ;).

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts