Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone, I just joined the site a few weeks ago with asking for advice on a 1991 Spider Veloce that I was looking at with over 151,000 miles for $6000.

Instead, I waited and found a lady which is the original owner of a 1983 which has not been molested but has been maintain by an Alfa pro in the Anaheim, CA area. The car has 90,000 miles and I got it for $4800. With the exception of a few minor nic-nacs, the car is complete. The car does have a few dings which is expected on a car of this year. The engine, trans, clutch all feel and run great.

I plan on going to Cars & Coffee in Irvine, CA this Saturday to hopefully meet up with some other Alfa guys and learn as much as I can about these cars.

Here are some pics I took today. Please tell me what you think.

Thanks
ED

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep....A/C...Why, is this rare to find in these cars? The PO told me that it just stopped blowing out cold...I haven't tried it.

One of the things the PO is having done is replace the catalytic converter since the sensor light came on and have the car pass smog.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hi Ed,

No lots of Alfa's have A/C systems, but few work. Has yours been converted to 134a? If not it will cost you about $120 to get the new fittings and charged.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Randall....I'm new to the Alfa world....What is a 134a?

·
Registered
what part?
10,269 Posts
wow!!! that looks just like my car................................ before i decided to make it better...hummm... maybe wrong step?

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Looks like you did well Ed.
Regardless of Rob's humor :rolleyes:, 134a is the refrigerant in the AC system.

The only thing I see wrong with your Spider is that the top is up!!:eek:

Enjoy

·
Registered
805 Posts
Welcome to the fold, Ed. Looks like you scored with that Spider. The A/C on that just looks different from the vents on the later spiders, that's all.

BTW, 134a is the replacement refrigerant for freon and is mandated by Kalifornia.

Cars and Coffee is a great place to meet other Alfisti, but there is a several active Alfa clubs in SoCal that you will want to check out also. AROSC (LA area), Orange County and AROCSD (San Diego) have many monthly events and are a wealth of information for all levels of experience.

Drive your Alfa and enjoy!!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
You're gonna love it, congrats!!! Looks great.:cool:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
congratulations.

i think you did well.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Car looks great.
Don't mind me, I'm the dry humor guy.
I once told someone who asked how to check the strength of a magneto to hold up against their monitor.

Car looks extremely clean as if it was always garaged. Now go to the hills, find some twisty roads and have fun.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hey Ed,

Ditto on the color and interior. 134a is the replacement for freon throughout the country. the government made the filler cans of 134a a different nipple size so....everyone would need to keep those car repair guys in business.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Love the cream color, and the interior is great! Good luck and congratulations on beginning your Alfa owning years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts