Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 74 GTV from a body shop in Houston last month. Car was dropped off for paint 12 years ago, owner never picked it up. It was at a high end shop, filled with new Ferrari 458s, Teslas, Lambos etc.. Shop owner said the bill for the paint was 9K.

Unfortunately they left the car outside and the weather took its toll. The car is missing its drive train, dash, interior, trim etc... Even with all that, its still in decent shape. It was never wrecked front or rear. You can still see all the factory spot welds along the back and there are no wrinkled inner panels.

I started pricing parts, and I actually bought some parts from forum members until I realized it was going to get very pricey trying to find everything I need.

Looking through the classifieds on here, I found 2 GTV projects in Florida. Worked out a deal and had them shipped to Houston. Cars showed up yesterday! Little more rusty than I had hoped, but I believe I will have enough parts to get two cars built.

The maroon one (Prugna) is complete and a 73', the red one is a 71 1750 but is missing its drivetrain and steering box, complete otherwise though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I talked to the seller of the two FL cars...was hoping to get the rear bumper off one...since found another on eBay. Had I been closer and had the room I would have bought - sounded like a smoking good deal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are a brave man!!!
Good luck and Thank you for saving these wonderful cars!!!
Helps that I own a restoration shop, it's a big job! I would be scared of them if I didn't have all the tools etc..

I talked to the seller of the two FL cars...was hoping to get the rear bumper off one...since found another on eBay. Had I been closer and had the room I would have bought - sounded like a smoking good deal.
It was a good deal for the both of them!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't started work but I did get some more parts! Just found A 77 Spider that is going to donate its drivetrain to one of the GTVs at some point.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Fantastic, and makes my 2 GTVs and two Spiders into one Sprint seem more rational. Ha.

Welcome, and please do keep us posted on how you progress.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts