Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
it's almost a alfa romeo spider
11,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but i have tryed a few diff shift handles on my t5 tranny.. noted, the stock ford mustang shift had the best feel, why am i telling you this??? where the mustang shifter fit s onto the t5 stub shifter, there is what i can think of as a counterweight....helps the movement of the shifter? don't know, but it shifts a lot better,, perhapes a similar counterweight on the same part of a stock afla shifter might do the same..

·
Registered
172 Posts
From what I remember I think the piece you are referring to is a rubber isolator. It prevents vibes from the transmission going up the shifter.

Since you have a T-5 you have a wide variety of aftermarket shifters to play with. I had a Steeda Tri-Ax shifter which had adjustable stoppers to prevent bending the shift forks when slamming the gears. Nice upgrade, shorter shift and made a satisfying solid clunk when engaging gears.

·
Registered
it's almost a alfa romeo spider
11,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes.. it is a isolater, but there is quite a bit of weight in it. i think this helps the swing rate of the shifter, allowing a more solid/quicker shoft...and for a steeda type shifter..soon,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts