Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
what part?
10,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how long will the supplys of new alfa 105( spider, gtv) transmission parts hold out? i was looking at the 3 youtube videos, from oliveria's shop here in the bay area...they are getting very expensive now.. and from what i heard on the video's , you cannot get new ' dog' rings anymore..

·
Administrator
14,003 Posts
Its a supply versus demand thing. Somebody will make them if they need to and there is a dollar in it.

Pete

·
Registered
what part?
10,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
psk, no:), i was not pushing for my t5 conversion... did not even pass my mind.. i found on british cars, for a while in the 80's there was a supply problem on getting parts for those cars, but as time passed on, you can allmost build a new MG car at this point, but is not the alfa market a lot smaller than the brit car market on this point..

·
Administrator
14,003 Posts
psk, no:), i was not pushing for my t5 conversion... did not even pass my mind.. i found on british cars, for a while in the 80's there was a supply problem on getting parts for those cars, but as time passed on, you can allmost build a new MG car at this point, but is not the alfa market a lot smaller than the brit car market on this point..
Apologies. I'll edit my previous post :).

And yes parts supply for getting older vehicles is always a concern. Thankfully Alfa used similar mechanics in many models so there are lots of spares, and lots of these cars are raced and racing drives remanufacture.
Pete

·
Registered
what part?
10,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
psk... as you say.. do worries mate :):)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts