Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
what part?
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would you think of alfa romeo type 33 nose/headlights on a spider?
images (1).jpeg
open-42.jpg

images (1).jpeg

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
IMO it will make the Spider front end look too heavy

·
Administrator
12,753 Posts
The lower nose would help aero ... do a sketch :)

Pete

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I agree with tirefriar. There's not near enough nose on the Pininfarina spider to carry a lens that long. The nose opening is at least a foot lower than the Spider. A scaled down version of the 33 lens could be sketched out to see, but note that the spider headlight bubbles are very convex, and continue the round fender top to a conclusion on the "deck" of the upper nose. Similar to the way an early 911 hood dives down between the rounded fenders, which become the headlights at the front.

The 33 lenses are just a part of the overall nose shape, like a carve-out of the shape of the larger nose.

open-42.jpg

81euroblue copy.JPG

Alfa-Spider-Racing-Wallpaper-HD copy.jpg

73Red copy.jpg

Alfa-Romeo-Spider-Duetto-headlights.jpg

74blueSpider.jpg

euro nose.jpg

HeadlightCover.JPG

S2Thai.jpg

·
Registered
7,326 Posts
I don't like it but I am a traditionalist and only prefer cars that are 100% stock or close to it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I was raised by my father to keep the car stock. On the other hand I think if you can afford it you should have two cars. One that is completely stock that represents what the manufacture designer intended. A the second car that you can modify to your own desire, likes and wants.

Ken Smith

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
1,082 Posts
Keeping vintage collectible cars stock makes sense but anything but the S1s are unlikely to ever reach that status. Just do what you want because your opinion is the only one that matters.

Reactions: alfaromeoblack

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Exactly - they built hundreds of thousands of these. A few can be played with as a design exercise (if done well). The original stock look of most cars was the resulting compromise of the designers, the engineers, the accountants, the various country's regulations, the wheel and tire supply contracts, and the condition of Italian mountain roads in 1972.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Exactly - they built hundreds of thousands of these. A few can be played with as a design exercise (if done well). The original stock look of most cars was the resulting compromise of the designers, the engineers, the accountants, the various country's regulations, the wheel and tire supply contracts, and the condition of Italian mountain roads in 1972.
The S3 was the mass produced spider. They are cheap to pick up. Yea have fun with them. We are only limited by our Imagination and funds.

Ken Smith

·
Administrator
12,753 Posts
Is there software normal people like us can cheaply run on our PCs to see if there would be any aero benefit?

Pete

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
^^ I was just about to add something similar. This can all be done digitally, with surface modeling software, and plain old sketching and cross-sections. There's no need to cut up a car to attempt some amateur doodling in steel. Even a master craftsman has drawings, then a wood buck, before he/she starts pounding metal to a shape. Or shape it in foam and try things before casting a fiberglass mold.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts