Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that junior zagato actually sold to someone in orange county. look for it at this years concours italiano.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I just spoke to Omar at Italspeed and he said the Junior Zagato sold for $24,000.
A little high for a JZ but it looks beautiful.
Even more impressive is the SZ that he sold to a guy in Boston for $85,000. I would love to see that car in person.

·
Registered
615 Posts
1750 gtv sold by Italspeed

Does anyone know how much the 69 1750 gtv sol for. From the pictures it looks like a very nice restoration. I'm always curious to know what "my car" is selling for.

Garrett

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
From what I've seen recently, it seems that prices in the mid-teens is about right for really nice restored 1750 GTVs. I recently inspected a 68 1750 for purchase for a fellow BB member and it is the most beautiful, untouched, unrestored original GTV I've ever seen. It sold for 12+.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,363 Posts
but $15,000 seems like a lot of money unless it was one of the best and most original in the world..
The '73 GTV in the link below, which as far as I can tell WAS the best and most original in the world, recently sold for about $25,000. In this case, the selling price was higher than the asking price.

http://www.alfacentro.com/features/timemachine/

·
Registered
615 Posts
Joe,

As I have not seen this car in person. I would have to say your GTV is as nice even if not as original. I have never been a big fan of "garage queens" though.

Garrett

·
Supporting Vendor
4,363 Posts
The owner of that GTV, it seems, drove it "just enough" to avoid the typical problems of a car that sits too much. When I drove the car it was "as new" with no problems related to brakes or any sign of perised bushings, etc. The tranny was better than every rebuilt unit I've ever felt.

With everything original, and on it's skinny Michelin XAS tires (new), I really got a feel for what the GTV drove like new.

The original owner of that car loved the car, knew how to drive and maintain it, and wanted it to last forever. He told me he actually refused to sell it to someone, because they were "too fat, and would ruin the seats".

I am grateful preserved it the way he did so I could enjoy it, if only for an afternoon. It definitely wasn't your average garage queen.

·
Registered
484 Posts
In the first photo on the link there appears to be a slight dent to the driver's side fender, just above the bumper. Yet, on the angled front view, on the following page, it doesn't appear to be apparent. Is this an optical illusion? Did you notice this Papajam when you drove this car? There was also an interesting note about the exterior side view mirror. It's not painted, it's not chromed, I think it was primed by the factory and that's how it was delivered. Am I mistaken? Thanks, generaljimt

·
Supporting Vendor
4,363 Posts
Yes, I think the appearance of that dent is due to the reflection from the bumper. It definitely was not on the car. There was only 1 paint chip noticeable on the whole car, on the passenger side door.

The mirror is in a dull grey that is like a primer but has slightly more gloss to it. We asked the original owner if it was dealer installed and he said no as he was there to watch it roll off the transporter at the dealership. So, it could have been installed at the factory or it could have been added by the importer (ARI) at the port.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Also, I don't think I've ever seen the radio antenna mounted on the driver's side front fender on a GTV in that manner. Curious if that was dealer installed?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,363 Posts
General,

No, the antenna and Blau radio were added by the owner. He said the antenna placement was his one regret with the whole car...

Joe

1 - 20 of 28 Posts