Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not mine.

Reactions: PSB

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Enjoyed the write ups and friends listed in links.. Be well and This brought me back to the ALfa BB.

·
Premium Member
16,711 Posts
Saw one of these 1600 Junior Zs in Luxemberg when we were supposedly delivering, lol, to Antwerp from Glasgow in 1975 the 1970 1300 Junior Z which "braino" ended up years later. Left a note on the windshield asking if he was interested in selling, but no response.

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
This is the one car I would trade my Giulietta spider for....

·
Premium Member
22,988 Posts
Brian's car belonged to Pat Garrett in San Diego County before, I thought. Was it in Holland before that?
Andrew

·
Premium Member
16,711 Posts
If by Brian, you mean 'braino", I bought that used car, located in Glasgow, driven from Italy, for a guy here in Seattle in 1975. It was owned by the brother (who lived in Italy) of a manager (who drove a Matra Bagheera, a cool looking car, we thought it was much better looking than the Z) of a Glasgow distillery (had some mighty smooth unlabeled Scotch, never got out of the office he said).

We drove the Z to Antwerp for shipment to Vancouver, WA. Lol, we put 4000 miles on it during the transport to Antwerp. Two Americans, not the legal owners, faked up bill of sale, Italian plates, visiting numerous countries. A fun drive. It was a good looking car, but gutless as hell. Bill Loud, for whom we bought the car, eventually sold it but we were able to trace it later to "braino". I still have pictures of it both in Scotland, and also here in Seattle. Saw the car north of Seattle, while it was undergoing a complete barebody refurb, took pictures of it there as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts