Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Interesting! I wish I could afford it. Anyway, now I know where my steering wheel came from. My car now has a really nice berlina steering wheel installed, but the "original" wheel (according to the previous owner), just like the one on this Junior, is in the trunk. Cool. I wonder, is it possible that a 1966 Duetto 1600 came with the same steering wheel as a 1300 Junior?

·
Registered
16 Posts
1600 Duetto had similar steering wheel to 1300 Junior Spider but 3 spoke. Think 1300 GT Junior had 2 spoke like 1300 Spider but can't find picture - Junior Zagato did. Later cars had different steering wheels.

·
Registered
144 Posts
That's what I thought, but my car seems to have had a two spoke 1300 Junior wheel in it originally. Rather, the steering wheel is still in the trunk and I have an old picture of the car with this steering wheel installed. It's possible it was installed at some point in its life either in Italy or England, but I'm wondering if there is any possibility that this type of steering wheel was actually installed originally in 1966 Spider 1600 Duetto cars. Regardless, I also have an original three spoke Duetto steering wheel, black plastic and black horn buttons, which will likely go into the car soon. Anyway, thanks for your response.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts