Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning my resto of my '69 1300 junior.I've done most of the mechanicals and i'm at a point that the body work is letting me down. The engine and gearbox are out at the moment for some subtle mods and i think it would be a good time to bite the big one.

she's taken a hit on the front right and the panel work inside the engine bay has been poorly repaired. I need to get it checked for alignment but I'm worried the local repair shop won't have the correct measurements. I know Alfaholics use a chassis jig, does anyone know what this looks like or even better have a drawing?

I can get most of the panels that i know i will need from Alfaholics (mostly front end) i'm sure there will be more that I can't see. Are there any other sources for good panels?

My wiring is an absolute mess, no electrician will even look at it until I get the bodywork done and a new loom.

i'll use Soda Blast for the body.

Colour is currently White which was factory spec but it's not the correct white, I'llhave to track down the correct formula.

Does anyone know an Alfa friendly bodyshop in Adelaide South Australia?

Cheers

A.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hi Andy. Unfortunately I can't help with a SA panel shop. Have a squiz in the Australian forum and suss out the Adelaide BBers, they might be able to point you in the right direction. It's not clear from your post how much you plan to do yourself - if you are sourcing the panels and paint it sounds like a lot. Are you just planning to use the shop to straighten it? In that case a top-notch smash repairer might be your better bet, they will have a lasery jiggy thing and should be able to source the right dims and get you within a mm or so.

I am also restoring a white Junior (that is red right now), it's about to go to the panel shop while I refresh the running gear. Motor rebuild is just about done - a 1300. Stay in touch and we can compare notes.

Cheers

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Andy. Unfortunately I can't help with a SA panel shop. Have a squiz in the Australian forum and suss out the Adelaide BBers, they might be able to point you in the right direction. It's not clear from your post how much you plan to do yourself - if you are sourcing the panels and paint it sounds like a lot. Are you just planning to use the shop to straighten it? In that case a top-notch smash repairer might be your better bet, they will have a lasery jiggy thing and should be able to source the right dims and get you within a mm or so.

I am also restoring a white Junior (that is red right now), it's about to go to the panel shop while I refresh the running gear. Motor rebuild is just about done - a 1300. Stay in touch and we can compare notes.

Cheers
Hi Cucinando

Mine used to be a 1300 but it came with a thrased 1750 which I had to chuck. Has a 2.0 now but I have some 1300 parts in a box and various other pieces if you need anything let me know i'll see if I have it.

Cheers.

AK

·
Registered
782 Posts
Thanks Andy as far as the motor goes my current problem is not getting bits but figuring out what to do with the bits that seem to be left over! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm planning my resto of my '69 1300 junior.I've done most of the mechanicals and i'm at a point that the body work is letting me down. The engine and gearbox are out at the moment for some subtle mods and i think it would be a good time to bite the big one.

she's taken a hit on the front right and the panel work inside the engine bay has been poorly repaired. I need to get it checked for alignment but I'm worried the local repair shop won't have the correct measurements. I know Alfaholics use a chassis jig, does anyone know what this looks like or even better have a drawing?

I can get most of the panels that i know i will need from Alfaholics (mostly front end) i'm sure there will be more that I can't see. Are there any other sources for good panels?

My wiring is an absolute mess, no electrician will even look at it until I get the bodywork done and a new loom.

i'll use Soda Blast for the body.

Colour is currently White which was factory spec but it's not the correct white, I'llhave to track down the correct formula.

Does anyone know an Alfa friendly bodyshop in Adelaide South Australia?

Cheers

A.

G'day Mate,

believe it or not, I am in Adelaide with a 73 Junior that is in the resto process.

Alot of the mechanicals have been sorted (still a few to go) however the car has rust, mainly around the boot (was exposed to weather when it sat for 9 years)

Interior is in excellent condition. Mine is the Hawthorne White I believe.

Hopefully we can keep track of how each other are going? Suss out some paint options

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey 1300GTJ

Yeah taht's be great, i keep meaning to get out to the alfa club days but I want something to drive first.

I need to get setup for my strip down which wil involve construction of a new shed and garage, Once that's in place it'll be all go.

Keep in touch.

AK

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey 1300GTJ and Andy Junior

Would you believe it I'm also in Adelaide and currently in the process of a full restoration on my Hawthorne white 68 junior.

I've done some investigations into panel shops in Adelaide. I've narrowed it down to the following:
Edwardstown crash repairs
Marque restorations
Classic Adelaide car restorations in bradbury

Cheers
Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts