Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To call Greg's facility a garage is like calling a Sprint Speciale a commuter car. Techincally it could fit, but it is way more than the simple description.

Our club will gather at Greg's place in the Bellevue area (address will be in both the print and digital newsletter in June) on Tuesday June 8th at 6:30 PM. Greg has been a good member and friend to the club, and Alfisti for years. He has numerous great cars, but alas, only one Alfa at this time. (It is a P3... and the car that won the 1934 Mille Miglia)

Plan to join us that evening for snacks, cars, and conversation! It rarely gets better than this.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I liked how when I just clicked on the AlfaBB page to see if my post looked okay, the ad at the top of the page was for Sports Car Digest, and showed Greg's old car... the Alfa Tipo 33 longtail #39. Now belonging to a gentleman in Germany!

·
Registered
623 Posts
This is going to be fantastic... thanks for setting it up Fred!!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First off, I won't be checking membership cards at the door, and secondly... as long as you swear allegence to the Alfa flag, you're welcome. (Greg barely qualifies... he only has one old Alfa.)

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Cool. Ya, I was thinking of joining the Can-Am club with my recent Spyder Roadster purchase. I kid, I kid! Always curious to see what people have tucked away in their garage...

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Do you need to be a member to attend?
At 63 bucks PER YEAR to join the national club (including the 3 bucks that go to the local NWARC chapter), that should not even be a question you cheap bastard! :D Fred, card him at the door! :p

This is going to be super-cool to see again!

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
I am so busted. Hey, I am facing foreclosure on my place and desperately looking for work, etc. I will get my application in when I have a job. I just thought that being around a bunch of cool cars would lift my spirits...

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I am so busted. Hey, I am facing foreclosure on my place and desperately looking for work, etc. I will get my application in when I have a job. I just thought that being around a bunch of cool cars would lift my spirits...
Mike -
I guess John told you!!! Sorry to hear of your financial woes, but come out and take your mind off that crap. You didn't mention lifting your spirits by hanging out with a bunch of cool people, too!! :p
See you there.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Ya, that too. I also was in a bicycle accident 5 weeks ago and broke my neck. I am lucky to be alive or not being fed through a straw. How life can change in a half second. How many cars have I totaled in my lifetime and have walked away without bodily harm yet a bicycle ride on a Sunday morning end up like going head first into a cement wall at 30 mph. All I can say is wear your helmet and make sure it is fitted correctly...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As a reminder, our club plans to visit Greg Whitten's garage next week... Tuesday 6/8/10 from 6:30 - 9:00 PM.

The location is NE of downtown Bellevue on the east side of I-405 along 116th Ave NE & NE 22nd Place. Follow the A-Board signs with arrows that simply say Alfa Romeo. I plan to provide finger food and water bottles. All I ask is you keep the cars and place as clean as you find it!

Thanks... see you there!

Fred R

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The short ribs are fine, as long as you eat them in your own car, and wash up before entering the garage area! I'll start warming up the grill for you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts