Alfa Romeo Forums banner

June 24 is 'Drive Your Alfa' Day

15K views 100 replies 42 participants last post by  alfaporsche 
#1 ·
A.L.F.A. was founded on June 24, 1910.

I propose that on Sunday June 24, 2012 we all take our Alfas on a nice Sunday drive to show Marchionne that there is support from enthusiasts for Alfa returning to the USA.

#3 ·
Maybe I'll take the PUMPKIN out that day. It's a goal I'll set. The Montreal will hit the pavement on the 24th

#16 ·
Sounds like a P.L.A.N. Please Launch Alfa Now!

#19 · (Edited)
Drove my Alfa today!

In honor of Alfa day, we took my principessa for a lovely drive to the northern beaches of Sydney. It is the longest drive I have done in her so far, about 70 miles round trip. She performed faultlessly and she was an absolute joy to drive.

A typical winter's day in Sydney.:D

#25 ·
I spotted one Alfa, a yellow Spider, up near Alanson MI this morning, and that was the first one I have seen in months. I was hoping to see more. :( Hopefully that means that all the rest were at AROC today.
My own Spider got a little workout when I got back home earlier this afternoon.

Cheers,
Tom

#26 ·
drove my 94 164ls over to Murphys, CA from our place in Soulsbyville, about a 45-50 minute drive through Sonora and Columbia, CA and some nice twisties, long sweepers and had lunch, bought wine(Murphys is home to about 40+ wineries/tasting rooms) and enjoyed a gorgeous California Sierra foothills day in the low-mid 70s with the windows down and the v6 singing...a great day to be alive and driving one's Alfa...and all in the company of my favorite friend, my wife Jean

#27 · (Edited)
Glorious way to celebrate Drive Your Alfa Day!

I took Margherita out with some of her cousins from Maranello on one of my favorite drives here in San Diego County. The driving group was composed of about 7 Ferraris (including a pristine F40), a couple of Corvettes and a couple of Infinitis. The route was eastbound on SR76 to Palomar mountain, then a 5000' ascent on the South Grade road where my little Alfa kept pace with the 308 QV ahead of me all the way to the top. We went down the East Grade back to 76 and then a stop at Lake Henshaw for a breather. We then headed for more twisty bits on the Mesa Grande. Came back down through Ramona and down the hill on the famous Highland Valley Rd. for lunch and debrief at BJ's. The sun was out all day, the roads were relatively clear of slow traffic and it was just the most fun I have ever had in my GTV6. When we pulled into the parking lot of BJ's I called my wrench, Erik Rathmann, and thanked him for all his good work, since he was mainly responsible for getting Margherita into condition so that I could make that run.

Attachments

#29 · (Edited)
Well, that's true, but the San Diego group had our tour yesterday to a couple of "Italianesque" wineries and celebrated.:laugh::laugh:

And I drove her to work today, as well.

Attachments

#31 ·
I drove my BB1 yesterday and today.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.