Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't forget that the Keeneland Concours is happening next weekend July 25, 2007. Went last year and there were some great cars. Should be good weather also.
http://www.keenelandconcours.com/

Some cars from last year!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chevrolet brought all 3 from the Corvette museum. The Viper looking thing is also a Corvette.

P

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
July 25th! Heck....that was last month!:D:D:D

I could have swore it was August 25th!!!!!:D:D:D

I'll look forward to meeting you there Paul.

Best Regards,
John M

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
Thanks to Paul for mentioning our event. I just returned from an extended trip to the AROC convention, jumped right in to Concours activity, and forgot to post an announcement on the BB.

Actually, there were four Corvettes from the GM Heritage Collection. The Keeneland Concours paid a significant sum for their presence: The original Sting Ray, Mako Shark, Mako Shark II, and Aerovette.

The featured marque this year is Jaguar, and the Grand Marshall is Bob Tullius.

C'mon out, everyone, this is becoming a premier event.

George Schweikle
Keeneland Concours d'Elegance Committee http://www.keenelandconcours.com/

In your 2nd pic it shows a partial view of the original Sting Ray. Is it privately owned?
Thanks,
Ed

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh poo!!!! I had 1/2 a cup of coffee and I'm stupid!! I usually don't even know what day it is.:eek:

It is....

AUGUST 25th 2007!!

Paul

Is that the right year??

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
While all the automotive eye candy is reason enough for being at beautiful Keeneland Race Course next weekend, I'd also like to mention that this concours is a charity event for the University of Kentucky Childrens Hospital, and radio station WUKY here locally. Our two kids were born at UK Childrens Hospital, and the care they and Mom received was superb.

So fellow gearheads, if you're in or near the Bluegrass area of central Kentucky, spend some quality time with us here this coming weekend, enjoy the event, and support the kids. We as adults can do no finer thing!

There will be an Alfa paddock area, as with the other regional car clubs. Please go to www.keenelandconcours.com for details!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts