Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started the tear down of my JrZ for paint. I would consider the car in very good condition however, when you start pulling things apart on an almost 50 year old car nuts seize, rubber crumbles, etc. etc. I've been acquiring parts (good used & NOS) for a number of years. That being said I will have a lot of used (mostly good) JrZ parts available for other JrZ owners when I'm finished.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Keep us Z fans up to date on the progress.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Delllta, im about to start a 1600 restoration now. and almost all exterior trim is gone or damaged, I will be interested in parts.

parts i could use from a 1300 is

Door handles both sides outside.
Trim around plexi front
headlights
rear bumper (i know they are different)
trim for rear bumper
door mirrors
doorhandles inside.
mud guards

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Looks like the pieces in your picture are all pretty good and reusable. I would go with as much original stuff instead of replacing.

@jrzagato , some of the parts you are looking for could be sourced easily. IIRC, door handles inside and mirrors are standard Alfa fare. So fiding good used ones or repros should be easy. Rear bumper rubber is reproduced for both models. Headlights is also standard Alfa stuff. Door handles are shared with later series Fulvia Sports, the chrome pieces are reproduced but fit badly. I rechromed mine and had the black housings repainted. Trim around plexi might be a bit harder to find but they pop up every now and then.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I removed the fuel tank. The inside looks exceptionally clean. Aside from some outside surface rust the tank's in great shape. I'm going to bring it to a shop to boil out the inside and media blast & paint the outside. Is there a source for the felt straps that go on the top and bottom? If not, suitable replacement material?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,108 Posts
Is there a source for the felt straps that go on the top and bottom? If not, suitable replacement material?
I can't point to the thread, but seem to recall that subject discussed here on the BB - probably in the 750/101 section. My memory is that closed cell foam, rather than felt, was recommended, since closed cell foam won't retain water and rust the tank and straps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts