Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Jr Z Owners,

I'm looking for information on where to obtain the wind screen cowling-to-firewall rubber gasket strip. I believe the rubber gasket cross section profile is either a "U" shape or maybe "U+L" configuration and the "U" profile feature goes over (up-side-down) the metal lip edge on the top of the firewall. Is this cowling-to-firewall rubber gasket strip still available and where can I purchase this product?

Thanks, TexasAlfa

·
Registered
185 Posts
as far as I know not for sale (or much to expensive).

I bought a pice of rubber and "cut it in" to fit on the edge of the firewall and slice off some rubber to fit the paravan.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Funny, I've just been contemplating this very question - what to do about the seal between the firewall and the cowl.

When I removed the cowl from my Z (years ago at this point) there was barely anything left of the original rubber seal. It was cracked and semi-glued to the inside of the cowl. The lip at the top of the firewall had partially rusted away, too - received extensive repair.

I reckon that this is a pretty important seal - keeping engine heat/noise forward and rain water draining through the cowl back.

Anyone have photos of how they solved this problem? or photos of the original seal?

cheers
Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts