Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: Ask John M how is first ALFA engine rebuild is going. Will he be ready for the convention? Will the White 78 join the S.S. still sitting in the garage? Show us some pictures, John.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
:eek: Ask John M how is first ALFA engine rebuild is going. Will he be ready for the convention? Will the White 78 join the S.S. still sitting in the garage? Show us some pictures, John.
Budsy, I think he just wants you to think he rebuilding his engine. The question is will his new engine be delievered in time for the convention. :D

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Not just his engine - he's getting his roll bar hoop on Wednesday, and then he's got to build the braces and diagonal(s)!! :eek:

Best regards,

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Is this the engine he's adding a turbo to? He showed me the exhaust hook up he had for a turbo unit to install on the Alfa, is this finally happening?

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Heck he is way past Turbo's

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F-fci_AlNMU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F-fci_AlNMU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Ahh....it shall be ready. Running a tight shift right now. Been slowly assembling this thing in whatever free time the wife allocates me. She burned me this weekend. Then I burned myself this evening by breaking a ring. Quick call to Joe has a new hasting set coming overnight. I will take some pictures. The good news is that the plastigauge is happy and clearances are where they belong. Nice and standard across all journals. Moving silky smooth....the crank that is. Once the rings arrive, I'll drop the pistons in, bolt the rods, and get that sump on. All down hill from here.

Budsy and I will build the roll bar come this Thurday and Friday. She won't have much break in time. I suppose that the time trial will be perfect for that!:D Went motronics this time.

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Not the turbo....although the venolias would just slide right down in those new sleeves. This engine is for the 78....NA build. The turbo is for the 92.

Definitely in the TT. Got word last week. So got a bunch to do this week and weekend. The engine will be done and in by Wednesday evening. Block can be finished in a couple of hours.

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Ahh....it shall be ready. Running a tight shift right now. Been slowly assembling this thing in whatever free time the wife allocates me. She burned me this weekend. Then I burned myself this evening by breaking a ring. Quick call to Joe has a new hasting set coming overnight. I will take some pictures. The good news is that the plastigauge is happy and clearances are where they belong. Nice and standard across all journals. Moving silky smooth....the crank that is. Once the rings arrive, I'll drop the pistons in, bolt the rods, and get that sump on. All down hill from here.

Budsy and I will build the roll bar come this Thurday and Friday. She won't have much break in time. I suppose that the time trial will be perfect for that!:D Went motronics this time.

Best Regards,
John M
Don't forget the Harness bar rule of being 40 degrees above your shoulder point. Heck Russ Neely himself email me to make sure I had that on mine.

Oh ya your running your stock seats you won't need to do that.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts