Alfa Romeo Forums banner
121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
I am so sorry in being late to this tribute. I did not know he was sick nor had passed. He is a legend and will be sorely missed. There would have been no way I could have restored my Spider, Milano, GTV6 and Montreal without his support and awesome diagrams.

I hope he is enjoying Alfas in Heaven as we speak....godspeed Jim!

JP

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
I've been distracted lately due to medical problems of my own, and found out about his death in the Alfa Owner magazine. I was truly shocked and saddened by the news. I met Jim only once while at the 2010 convention, but spent many hours on the phone discussing our 1750 GTVs, and other Alfa and non-Alfa related topics. He will truly be missed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
So sorry to hear about Papajam. When I first got my 78 Spider, Jim helped me many many times with the issues I had with the spider. Specially with the superb electrical diagram in color. Alfa community lost an incredible person. RIP, Papajam!! We will miss you!

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Indeed, I too was helped by Jim. I didn't know at the time how vast his knowledge was, nor how kind and helpful he was to all. Like many of you, we chatted on the phone over a problem I was having as a brand new owner of a 67 Duetto. Very gracious. Seems like he treated everyone from newby to the older experienced owners the same. A great example.

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
It's almost a year since Jim passed -- and at least once a month, I notice that I still miss him dearly. Can the admins make this thread sticky, please?

·
But Mad North-Northwest
13,129 Posts
It's almost a year since Jim passed -- and at least once a month, I notice that I still miss him dearly.
No kidding. He's one of the few folks on the BB I ever spoke with in real life, and he was just as helpful and awesome live as he was on the BB. He was literally helping me via PMs a week before he died.

·
Administrator
12,823 Posts
He STILL watches over us....

Reactions: HeavyMetalAlfa

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
You are absolutely right about Jim, he was one of those treasured people who just couldn't help others enough. I met him several times via the AROC conventions, and he was always just as personable and authentic in person as he was here on this forum. What a guy... but I'm sure he was satisfied knowing his legacy of helping other Alfisti would be passed down, like it has been.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I‘m struggling to find the words to express this properly but seems to me the messages posted here show that it’s people like Jim who make this a community in the true sense of the word. It’s so much more than a “bulletin board” because of the people and the contributions they make as human beings.

121 - 140 of 140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.