Alfa Romeo Forums banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
I am so sorry in being late to this tribute. I did not know he was sick nor had passed. He is a legend and will be sorely missed. There would have been no way I could have restored my Spider, Milano, GTV6 and Montreal without his support and awesome diagrams.

I hope he is enjoying Alfas in Heaven as we speak....godspeed Jim!

JP

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
I've been distracted lately due to medical problems of my own, and found out about his death in the Alfa Owner magazine. I was truly shocked and saddened by the news. I met Jim only once while at the 2010 convention, but spent many hours on the phone discussing our 1750 GTVs, and other Alfa and non-Alfa related topics. He will truly be missed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
So sorry to hear about Papajam. When I first got my 78 Spider, Jim helped me many many times with the issues I had with the spider. Specially with the superb electrical diagram in color. Alfa community lost an incredible person. RIP, Papajam!! We will miss you!

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Jim was a great selfless Alfisti and a good man. His knowledge and expertise on the BB was pivotal in making the AlfaBB the success that it is.

I'd be appropriate to put his picture on the AlfaBB banner for a while to commemorate his contributions and achievements for the Alfa community.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Indeed, I too was helped by Jim. I didn't know at the time how vast his knowledge was, nor how kind and helpful he was to all. Like many of you, we chatted on the phone over a problem I was having as a brand new owner of a 67 Duetto. Very gracious. Seems like he treated everyone from newby to the older experienced owners the same. A great example.

·
Premium Member
1968 1750 Roundtail Spider Euro version
218 Posts
To me, it was so comforting to know that Jim always was always there to help. He was so generous of his time... I miss him every day

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
It's almost a year since Jim passed -- and at least once a month, I notice that I still miss him dearly. Can the admins make this thread sticky, please?

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,775 Posts
It's almost a year since Jim passed -- and at least once a month, I notice that I still miss him dearly.
No kidding. He's one of the few folks on the BB I ever spoke with in real life, and he was just as helpful and awesome live as he was on the BB. He was literally helping me via PMs a week before he died.

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
Jim rebuilt an Ate dual circuit brake master for me, about 15 years ago.
it's still working - like a swiss watch- on my '68 GTJr. :)

121 - 132 of 132 Posts