Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

if someone has a copy of "The Alfa Romeo V6 Engine High-performance Manual" by Jim K. let me know, I would like to have it.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hi Ennio,

Peter, here in Vermont. Every time I go to the website for that, it seems to get pushed back another month or two on it's introduction date. Last I saw they were shooting for July 2011. But that likely has been pushed back again.

Check Veloce Publishing's website, and you can see if it is finally ready to order yet.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Peter,

I searched at Veloce´s web and it should be ready soon, but I thought that maybe someone out there has one he would part with:D As you may know, I don´t have a v6, so this would be an alfisti reading, just being curious.:eek:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hey Ennio,

I don't think anyone on the planet has one yet, as they have not offered any for sale, to date. The ALFA World is still waiting for that first copy to hit the book stands. I expect completing all the illustrations may be the hold up?

... including me! I've been patiently waiting for months and months now. I put my name on the waiting list, to be contacted via e-mail as soon as the ink is dry on the first copy.

Jim K told me there was only a short chapter on the 24v V6. But that a future edition should have a fatter section dedicated to 164 LS and Q motors. Plus maybe a bit on plugging a 24v V6 into GTV6s and Milanos.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for chiming in Greg and Peter. I thought the book was published, since I read about it in some threads, that the first edition sold out and veloce was announcing a second edition. I will get in the waiting list:D

Seems this has been the dumbest question I have made in the bb:eek:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
TSeems this has been the dumbest question I have made in the bb:eek:
Nope... someone has you beat by a mile. We were discussing ways to add some mild stripes to their black GTV6 along the beltline, to help accentuate the sexy window graphics that get lost when you paint a GTV in a dark color.

I directed them to a website where they could purchase stripes in a large selection of colors, and arrangements. 1/8th inch stripe, 1/8th inch gap, and 1/16th inch stripe. Suggested he keep the thicker stripe on top, close to the beltline crease.

He checked out the stripe selection, and told me they only offered the thick stripe on the bottom!

I know this guy well enough that I know he is quite bright. So, I'm not questioning his intellect. I'm sure it was just a momentary lapse, on his part. But, I had to laugh anyway.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hi Ennio,

I just got a reply from Veloce Publications. They said they were expecting the book to be ready by 18 August, or perhaps a little earlier.

Peter

·
Registered
738 Posts
Ordered on Amazon. A little spendy but I figure low publication numbers and from UK so that is expected ;)

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Bought mine on amazon last week. There were 5 or so left. Good general book with focus on of course the V6 engine.

BUT also includes tips on FWD to RWD engine conversions, Balancing the V6, suspension, brakes, turbo and supercharging, transaxle, rollbars, 75 and gtv6 stuff, AFM's, oil pumps, intakes. 150 or so pages. Big section on cams and timing.

As JK says, it is not a guidebook on how to make a V6 beast, but how to get the most out of 3.0 within reason and which most of us could do at home on a limited budget.

THANKS JK!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts