Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks. To make room I’m selling my Spider. The car recently received a paint refresh in 501 Red. Car has done around 70,000 original miles I believe. I am the 3rd known owner.
* Old radio restored to make it blue tooth connected with hands free calling.
*Front suspension replaced
*All new OEM shocks
*New starter, Alternator recently installed
*New quality cloth top and brand new original OEM frame installed
*New Rota RB 15x6 wheels
*New carpet
* New Nardi Classico wheel
*Replaced majority of instruments as well as installed a correct lower console.
*Added custom made roll bar that fits perfectly with roof up.
*New retractable belts
*Currently undergoing total carb and engine tune up.

*No rust great driving car.
Will post more and better pictures when I get car back. Including underside.
Looking for $US26,000 OBO
Thank you.

Reactions: 1978alfa

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
beautiful car! Good luck with the sale -- I;d buy this car in a hot minute if I wasnt full up on Alfas.......

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
beautiful car! Good luck with the sale -- I;d buy this car in a hot minute if I wasnt full up on Alfas.......
Thanks man. I know. That’s why I have to sell it. In full! Also need to move my beautiful and rare 1970 smooth nose JNR. Has a 1750 engine. First of smoothnoses crossover with last of steps. Never came to the USA. One of the best driving cars I have. That’s going in BAT.

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Sweet Spider! Especially love the trick roll bar. Are you able to actually use the rear view mirror?

Btw, was this a former BB'ers Alfa? If true, you've done a great job of sorting this out. I recall it was really solid but needed a steady hand to finish the details...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet Spider! Especially love the trick roll bar. Are you able to actually use the rear view mirror?

Btw, was this a former BB'ers Alfa? If true, you've done a great job of sorting this out. I recall it was really solid but needed a steady hand to finish the details...
Thanks. Yes this car was owned by Jerry Quinlisk, a well known Alfisti who passed away a couple of years ago. The car had a 1750 rebuilt new engine ( race blue print- built by an Alfa pro in FL) when Jerry purchased the car in 2009. I bought it off a friend of his and have spent a lot of time having her tuned up. Improved suspension, replaced interior with all the proper pieces. I’ve also added a new radio refurbished from its original radio. Now has blue tooth and hands free calling. The roll bars fit perfectly like they were made for the car. No problems closing the roof and does not impede the rear view mirror. I’d love for it to go to an Alfisti.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I guess if no interest here I will put in BAT. Pity.

·
Premium Member
14,783 Posts
It is this one right?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is this one right?
Yes. Same car. I updated it quite a bit. Very good rust free bones.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
I saw that car a couple years ago just outside of Nashville. I actually flew out there based on the description from the seller. I was pretty upset when I saw the condition of the car and I left without buying it. I was traveling with cash, but it needed too much work for the price.

I'm glad you were able to get it fixed up. The roll bar set up is really cool!

Good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw that car a couple years ago just outside of Nashville. I actually flew out there based on the description from the seller. I was pretty upset when I saw the condition of the car and I left without buying it. I was traveling with cash, but it needed too much work for the price.

Thanks man. Well I was here in Nashville so I guess I’m the idiot that decided to save it. Repainted, updated everything! Just run out of room. Cheers

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Oh and got it for the right price 😄

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BUMP. Is anyone interested? I will go to BAT but wanted to try Alfistis first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts