Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a Jaeger electronic tach in a parts box from ebay and I'd like to test it. On the back, there are two insulated brass studs, one at 11:00 and the other at 5:00. I assume that one is power and the other is to the negative side of the coil. Does it matter which is which?

·
Registered
8,094 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. Thanks.

Now, I've been perusing wiring diagrams for a half hour now (the excellent one I got from Papajam covers only my car's mechanical tach) and I can't find one that explains the colors. Is it white for signal, black for ground, pink for power?

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
Awesome. Thanks.

Now, I've been perusing wiring diagrams for a half hour now (the excellent one I got from Papajam covers only my car's mechanical tach) and I can't find one that explains the colors. Is it white for signal, black for ground, pink for power?
afaik, that is correct.....at least an 84 diagram I have shows it that way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello ,

Do you still have this wiring diagram available to forward , i just bought my 1984 spider 1.6 and i really need help ...

Thanks

George

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
Hello ,
Do you still have this wiring diagram available to forward , i just bought my 1984 spider 1.6 and i really need help ...
Thanks
George
the diagram I have is for the tipo 115.41, 2.0 litre l-jetronic injected spider.

yours, being 1600, sounds like you are in europe, with a euro carburetted spider....?

·
Registered
11 Posts
yes, you are right i have the 1.6 weber carburetted spider . Do you think yours can help me or i have to search for the specific one ??

·
Premium Member
14,008 Posts
I expect that the wiring diagram for your Weber car is similar to the one for a US SPICA injected car - up to 1981. It is simpler than the Bosch FI cars.

Maybe someone is taking over the electrical diagram duties now that Papajam has passed away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts