Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all.

I saw some Alfa Pit Crew Jackets on ebay, being sold out of Queensland. Have you seen any of these, or perhaps might have bought one?

I like the look of the black ones and was considering a purchase. Feedback?

Thanks,
Tim in Montana

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Well they aren't real thats for sure, and they aren't very good fakes at that.

They sell them in the big market here in Melbourne (Queen Vic Markets) and they usually have all the F1 teams and English Premier League teams but the quality and authenticity is fairly poor.

Still, its a jacket with alfa romeo on it.. !

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured they weren't official AR gear as I believe they're made in Hong Kong. But, they're as much a racing jacket as my 69 Junior is a racing car. Nevertheless, I'm refinishing it in a competition rally style, and the jacket would make an appropriate accoutrement.

An besides, I haven't found much in the way of official Alfa Racing togs. So yeah, just having a jacket with the logo would be at least uncommon.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Alfa's own line have some jackets, quite nice ones too, but seeing as you dont have any dealers over there that would be a little hard to get your hands onto.

Plus they are quite expensive, $500 AUD or so..

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hey Tek, I just saw that jacket on ebay and was wondering the same thing. Did you make a purchase? if so what do you think?

and I have been searching for about a year now for a good leather alfa racing jacket (at this point, Id pay the money for a good quality official alfa jacket.) py105, you say you can get them at dealers? I can arrange transport from Italy if thats the case. Do you have a link or anything of what they look like? I tried browsing the alfa website awhile back but I dont remember running across anything obvious.

Thanks!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
THE COAT I GOT IS NOT LEATHER AND IS NOT A RACING JACKET.
The coat I bought is just a light casual jacket.

I did make the purchase, and am quite happy. I'm 6'0", 210 lbs, and the XXL was a perfect fit. The embroidery is well done, there's just enough padding/lining to make it quite comfortable for Fall wear, and the jacket overall is quite nice for the price. It cost about $47 US currency, and $31 USD to ship. I got it in 10 days, tightly compressed in a package.
I got the black coat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts